need a turbo...

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
dont care what it is as long as it fits and works. mines oblitorated!

cheers

pm me mate... i need a turbo. as long as it wont blow up in 5 mins i dont care!

cheers mark

yep got it in 1!! come on dave get that ko4 on!! lol my mate rob is picking up his A3 1.8t today so i need my car working!!

1.8L P AEB
95-99
K03
K
5303-970-0005
058145703L
150 bhp
£388.00​

i want a ko3s tho... would that be this 1???

listed for a A3..
1.8L P AQA
98-01
K03
K

5303-970-0026/35​

06A145704A/B
180 bhp
£357.00​

1.8L P AEB

95-99
K03
K
5303-970-0005
058145703L
150 bhp
£388.00​

i want a ko3s tho... would that be this 1???

listed for a A3..
1.8L P AQA
98-01
K03
K​

5303-970-0026/35​

06A145704A/B
180 bhp

£357.00​

Think you'll need a new ex. manifold to fit a K03S to an AEB engine mate.

isit?? thought they were a direct replacment?

dunno.. cheers 4 the heads up any ways, ill look into it!

Yeah, think the exhaust turbine is bigger.. needs a bigger housing/manifold. I could be wrong though.

9352746.ImWithStupid.gif

Yeah, think the exhaust turbine is bigger.. needs a bigger housing/manifold. I could be wrong though.

Doesnt the turbo simply bolt to the manifold? the Longitudinal K03's dont have combined manifold/turbine housing assys like some of the other fitments so the larger turbine shouldnt matter as the housing will come with the new turbo?

Unless they changed the mounting flange, but i kinda doubt that?

Doesnt the turbo simply bolt to the manifold? the Longitudinal K03's dont have combined manifold/turbine housing assys like some of the other fitments so the larger turbine shouldnt matter as the housing will come with the new turbo?

Unless they changed the mounting flange, but i kinda doubt that?

Sorry I do just mean the exhaust/hot side turbine housing as you said the turbo does on AEB engines bolt up to the manifold so as long as the flange is the same it will fit.. but some turbos are supplied without the exhaust turbine housing so you need to make sure that it will mate with your existing one.

If something breaks, replace it with something bigger, more powerful, better and stronger!

You can have the one off the left hand side of my engine. The way I see it, if I run with only one turbo, on the right hand side, I should save some money on petrol....

who supplies turbos without turbine housings?

jcb: some cars have the turbine housing integrated into the exhaust manifold; the Vauxhall C20LET and Z20LET/LEH for instance have this.

So i guess in those cases if you were to buy a new turbo it would come without the housing/manifold...

Just looked at your Sig and you have all the bit's on with a custom remap yet you have not started a thread with your results :uhm:

hi Doc, :( its ben bad experiences after another! things just went wrong from when i placed that large order with ECS Tuning, i had 3 lots of faulty flywheels sent. when the correct was finally sent. i had boost leaks due to having the wrong pipes sent with the intercooler! then found a leak in the ATP exhaust manifold.

ive barely had anytime to sort it out and its kinda sat there. ive got the car opened up im replacing all gaskets(exhaust mani, inlet mani, rocker) just replaced the crank breathercase pipes inc the T pipe and checking over any other Vacuum pipes.

also getting misfire under boost, at moment nothings showing up on VAGCOM. so im gonna replace the cheapest items first. crankshaft sensor, ignition control module and last coilpacks!

its been a bumpy ride but im hoping to get there soon, im doing all the work myself at the moment with limited time.

Dan

hi Doc, :( its ben bad experiences after another! things just went wrong from when i placed that large order with ECS Tuning, i had 3 lots of faulty flywheels sent. when the correct was finally sent. i had boost leaks due to having the wrong pipes sent with the intercooler! then found a leak in the ATP exhaust manifold.

ive barely had anytime to sort it out and its kinda sat there. ive got the car opened up im replacing all gaskets(exhaust mani, inlet mani, rocker) just replaced the crank breathercase pipes inc the T pipe and checking over any other Vacuum pipes.

also getting misfire under boost, at moment nothings showing up on VAGCOM. so im gonna replace the cheapest items first. crankshaft sensor, ignition control module and last coilpacks!

its been a bumpy ride but im hoping to get there soon, im doing all the work myself at the moment with limited time.

Dan

Wow, you have been unlucky.

who supplies turbos without turbine housings?

Scroll Products offer the option of reusing your old exhaust turbine housing to save on cost (which I did). My old one was in good condition so I just cleaned it up.

If you were changing to a turbo that required a different exhaust turbine housing from standard you would obviously need to buy the housing too.