forge 007p

kevsn

3rd gear
Reaction score
hi all

ive just fitted my new forge 007p dv to my s3. ive fitted it as the original one was.

should i notice any difference in the car at all. my s3 is remapped but not sure which kind as it was done when i bought the car. just took the car out and it didint feel any different really. i was expecting it to make a diffrent noise or something or am i just expecting too much.

I dont think you will notice huge differences, the main thing is that its better made than the origianl unit so it wont be as likely to split or break

Its also designed for finer tuning of the recirc function on it, so you have different spring colours for different psi dependant on if its standard/remapped/big turbo etc

Its the same style and design idea as the original so will re-circulate the boost rather than dumping to atmostphere, so Id not be expecting any change in sound, no realy woosh or tissssh sound

thanks for the reply mate

just expecting too much as usual:arco:

Their good bits of kit, just well made and not a bolt on wonder!

If you wanted more noise then youd be better getting a Forge Split-R, but venting to atmosphere isnt a great idea for the 20v engine as they seem to work well with the closed loop recirced boost system

yeah i thought about getting the split dv but i was put off with some of the posts on hear about faults.

im not that fussed about it making any noise i supose i was expecting it to

transform my s3. not that its not quick now its prob running at around 260 bhp and goes like sh*t alot quicker than the standard one i owned three or four years ago. its a case of always wanting more tho eh:jump:

lol I dont see the point in going for any more power than the 350ish mark, it is only a 1.8 and I personally can think of a better way to spend the price of the modifications plus the inital outlay of the car (Plus the money spent on upgrading suspension/brakes and so on)

Thats very true mate !!

lol I dont see the point in going for any more power than the 350ish mark, it is only a 1.8 and I personally can think of a better way to spend the price of the modifications plus the inital outlay of the car (Plus the money spent on upgrading suspension/brakes and so on)

That is just my personal view, its not nessecarily right, sure there will be other views expressed

When I look back thru the history of my car, see the total expenditure on it, think about the relative market value etc and what have you, I really do wonder why anyone would bother. Yeah their comfortable cars with space inside for adults and they can gather soem pace with a bit of tuning, but it gets to a point where your really trying to make the car into something its not

Some people just love the build process. Think of all the hot rod nuts out there. Completely pointless but fun. Cost loads.

I've known so many guys who build cars and sell them on just to start again.

People spend thousands to knock half a second off their 1/4 mile times in Golfs etc.

Humans can be kind of weird at times myself included.

Oh yeah not doubting that, Im just building a 1914cc Beetle engine atm for road use and its fun, just not going OTT on power trying to sap each last bit out

I lost my desire for going to extremes when I built my 2.1 16vT Golf, was a learning experience but for what it was worth in the end, I felt like Id wasted my time

Always good to see a feat of automotive engineering, just not my bag anymore. Plus I find 350ish doesnt really work out that well on a track, where I do alot of miles, and it needs a bit more to be suited to the 1/4mile really, cars stuck inbetween two puropses

I have a standard DV ,

This had the orginal clips on it i think and when i took off to change the date said 09.04.99 . Does that mean this one had never been changed since 1999 ??

More than likely, or it was changed using orginal style clips at audi. It's not a wear item like brake pads or a clutch so it's intended to stay on the car for it's life.........but they can fail much sooner.

I heard that the latest revision is actually quite strong. Don't know how much truth is in that.

I am lead to belive the diaphram is made from better materials now, VAG do tend to try quite hard at getting things better with revisions and supersessions!

Have heard talk of some 20vTs running nice power with the standard Diverter in place, all be it the latest version

Well i changed because i was having a jerky gear change and was thinking why it not kicking it as much as it should be . so i changed to a 007 and its soo much better more power as more response .

More than likely, or it was changed using orginal style clips at audi. It's not a wear item like brake pads or a clutch so it's intended to stay on the car for it's life.........but they can fail much sooner.

I heard that the latest revision is actually quite strong. Don't know how much truth is in that.

hi

anyone know which is the best spring for a forge 007p dv on a remapped s3

cheers

it just ive recently changed my original dv for a forge 007 and the car seems to boost differently. before it used to have more of a kick when the turbo kicks in now with the forge one on the kick has gone but seems to boost stronger in the higher revs. is this a normal thing after changing the dv? do you think its worth changing the spring?

thanks

like the sound of that im ordering mine now. i need to be afraid:rockwoot: