central vacuum locking pump

turbosk8ter

Reaction score
Hi everyone in the wonderful world of audi's i have a 1999.5 a4 1.8T with keyless entry. My central vacuum locking pump with remote sensor was soaking in water, and now the alarm is so screwed up it goes off and on, the doors lock when i dont want them too. does any one know of a way to fix this or do i need to replace the part. And does any one think i could have messed anything else up when it was soaking.

You could have damaged the pump motor and electrics, however if all of the terminals shorted, the chances are it would have shorted through to earth and if that happened then it would have blown any fuses first. Try unplugging the module and put it in your airing cupboard for a 3 days to dry everything out (remove casing if possible and if it is not glued together). Also source the water leak so it doesn't happen again!! You can buy a new central locking pump off ebay for about £25. The pump houses the main control circuit so if you replace that then you should be ok. Also the interior ultra-sonic sensors plug into this unit, so check that the red light to show that the system is activated operates correctly as per your manual to show that the ultrasonics still work. Hope that sorts everything out.