Lowering on 19's

Paul-A3

Reaction score
Ok, when i eventually pick up an S3 my first mods will be 19" gallardo wheels and i want to deck the car big time, can you get a big enough drop from using springs or will i have to go coilovers, i'd love to see some pics of people who have lowered their s3's on 19's to get some idea, thanx

the car in this link is the look i'm going for http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/389642.htm

Ooh, another opportunity to post pics pf my car, 19" rims with Eibachs springs and Bilstein Shocks.
135-3562_IMG.jpg

135-3564_IMG.jpg

Biggest drop you'll get from just springs on a S3 is 30-35mm-ish, any lower and you'll need coilovers.

Be aware that the sump on the S3 is very low though.

For any prices give us a shout!

Damian @ DPM

The gallardo wheels are horrible mate, id stay well clear!!

JoJo, your car looks wicked, whats the drop youve got?? 25mm all round??

I think he is trying to stop others from getting them, maintain his exclusivity if you know what I mean

lmao. I wa only kiddin matey!!! They look the dogs ******** IMO just dont want too many people having em!! lol. Was thinkin how long untill somebody picked up on that!!

Spot on j4jon!!! open to offers though if u fancy buying mine!!!

Hopefully if i keep the car im gunna go for some -25mm H&R springs to finish it off so should look better. I had three people in the back the other nite and the wheel was sitting just below the arch which makes me wanna get the springs all the more as it looked awesome!! got a pic actually ill upload!!!

You could just always drive around with 3 mates in the back to get the same look

Sorry about the goon in the pic!!! lol. Yeh would be miles cheaper instead of buying springs, although the extra weight would prob add to my ful bills!!! lol.

lol, you crafty ******, lol. did look at your car on piston heads mate but it was just a tad out of my price range i'm afraid :-( but it is a cracker

Yeah, the lambo's look the nuts when the car has been decked, cant wait to get an s3 now.

Cheers bud. Yeh needs to go lower! cant wait, should look mint! How much u got to spend on 1???

why would you buy a S3 then drop it to the deck, might as well pimp up a a3 1.6.

20-25mm is low enough to retain a decent ride.

aye men to that mr mouse!! Thinking of the 25mm H&R's on mine!!!

im sitting on 19s and i went for 40 on the front 35 on the back, sits perfect imo, otherwise i think it looks abit 4x4.... Also as scott said dont get the gallardo wheels they look discusting like i feel sick. You should get the old RS4s no one has them and they look awesome!!!!!

Scott your car looks tough as hell lowered.. get some more pix up!

Glad to see my fellow 19ers and ther cars looking ruude.. jojo and scott.. :hi:hats off to you fellas.. Anyone else want to join the crew?

Soz shy cant join that crew, but im setting up a "I got 17s, cz i cant afford 19s crew" if anyone wants to join that....lol

jojo, how did you manage 10mm drop front and 30 rear!!! what springs are you using / how wider spacers??? Sitting perfect imo

jojo, how did you manage 10mm drop front and 30 rear!!! what springs are you using / how wider spacers??? Sitting perfect imo

The eibach springs I was supplied with along with the Bilstein shocks seem to give me the 10mm front and 30mm rear drop, despite it saying 25mm on the box?! Since my wheels ar 8" wide, I've gone with 5mm and 10mm spacers front/rear.

No more talk of the rear calipers please !

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and people are allowed to modifiy their cars how they see fit.

If you can't take the criticism, then don't post pics of your car on a public forum.

Please stop rubbing eachother up (goes both ways) the wrong way !

No more talk of the rear calipers please !

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and people are allowed to modifiy their cars how they see fit.

If you can't take the criticism, then don't post pics of your car on a public forum.

Please stop rubbing eachother up (goes both ways) the wrong way !

?? Did something get deleted or is this posted in the wrong thread?

Ok, when i eventually pick up an S3 my first mods will be 19" gallardo wheels and i want to deck the car big time, can you get a big enough drop from using springs or will i have to go coilovers, i'd love to see some pics of people who have lowered their s3's on 19's to get some idea, thanx

the car in this link is the look i'm going for http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/389642.htm

First off, it won't make a difference if you lower the car on 19's, 18's, or 17's so long as you keep the rolling radius the same. But 19's on an S3 are a quick way to ruin the handling. Dropping it on coilovers will make it even worse (and with the money you would have wasted, you could have had decent suspension and a remap). Be sure and grab me a turnip while you're ploughing through the hedges and fields :)

Be sure and grab me a turnip while you're ploughing through the hedges and fields :)

lmao, no worries

well i've decided i'm gonna go for springs and not coilovers, but not sure what springs to get, h&r or eibachs?

anymore pics guys?

Yeh plase do, thinking of getting the H&R's myself. Cheers!!