A3 problems

Mean Green Machine

Reaction score
hey guys, My 1.8 Turbo has been running rough for a while now.

It seems to splutter only when cold,and the car is 'hunting'. had fault code read 00561 mixture readiness exceeded. looked this code up and it has various answers as to what the problem maybe. from throttle body allignment to air leakage from the induction system to fuel in the oil.
tried cleaning the MAF, its still doing it.
The car battery was disconnected for about a month while i was away.

Any ideas? cause its driving me:keule:

check your pipes for a split because too much air the lambda sensor on the exhaust reads it and tells it more fuel is needed to have the right mixture of fuel/air

could be as it has been heavey on the fuel.
ive got a new MAF meter on ebay for £36, so ill rplace that when it arrives and see if that helps.

Nothing to do with your Remap is it ??????:whistle2:

Just out of interest when did you have the car remapped, or was it already done when you got it ???
I don't suppose you bought that car from Chantry area ??? I've seen it before i think....not many about with that Kit and that colour.......never had them wheels on it tho !!!

I brought it as it is from ealing broadway in london, is that near chantry? my geography isnt as good as it should be.

I've been having the same problem. I took the throttle body off and cleaned it then refitted with a new gasket. This made no difference, fault code came back within a few days. Today however i thought i'd have a bit more of a look and found the pictured vac pipe had split, it had also split further down.

vacpipe.jpg

vac.jpg

Whilst replacing this I also found one of the main turbo pipes wasn't correctly fitted. The jub clip had come off and the pipe was sitting slighty squint!! All sorted now, will keep an eye on the fault codes and keep you updated!!

Mine broke aswell when i was changing the cam cover gasket, i got got a universal one from a motor spare shop cost about 2 pounds and just buy a couple of jubilee clips , job sorted:footy:

I have loads of silicone vacuum pipe in black if anyones planning on changing them drop me a PM! ;)

josh

Just had an RAC man take a look with his diagnostic jobby. No fault code has re-appeared. he seems to think it could be the coolant temperature sensor. ive just removed it to take a lok at it and it seems a little rusty and is definately notthe new green type ive sen in previous posts. hopefully this could be the solution. fingers crossed!!!