Your First Car

domburg

Reaction score
i have just found a load of old pics on my pc and stmbled across my first car.

thought it would interesting for every one to post a pic of their first cars

mine was a 998 mini i bought for £300, i was fortunate enough (my brother is a car bodyworker) to be able to restore it for very little cost..heres a pic

DSC00361-1.jpg

DSC00359-1.jpg

DSC00380-1.jpg

DSC00385-1.jpg

DSC00410-1.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

dom

My first car was a VW Golf Wolfsburg Edition 1.8i it RAN, AND RAN, AND RAN...(250K when I sold it) until one day my steering wheel went one way and I went the other..lol a few welds later and she was on her way again...

Nova 1.2 merit!

£600 for the car, £800 for the insurance!! Big bore 4 back box and house speakers in the boot! oh and cavalier cdi alloys with tyre's like a tractor's

Oh to be 17 again!!!

631.jpg

This is the bad boy, had it when I was 17 which is only four years ago. How things have changed.

also a mini 998 mayfair, but swapped the engine out to a 1293 jobbie with original cooper disc brakes to keep the 10 inch wheels. Great little car.

1995 BMW 318is. Alpine white. Coupe. Tints. Manual.

Spent some cash on the suspension and brakes. Apart from that pretty much stock. Nice little car. had it for around 2.5 years then got the S3

1968 Ford Anglia 998cc, non syncro 1st gear, radio that had to warm up, and the only new addition an 8 track stereo.

God i luved that car.

1996 Renault Clio 1.2 Bebop. haha... bebop, I'd forgotten about that. It had seats that looked like a psychedelic parrot had barfed on it.
It was £3000 with only 27k on the clock. Insurance was £1200. :wtf:
It was a terrible drive and in the heat it was just plain uncomfortable. It's only saving grace was that 5 years later I sold it for £1k.

Fiesta 1.1 LX, cost me £1000, insurance cost me £1200, 6x9s on the shelf, 10" second-hand non-branded base tube, clip on tail-pipe, 14" TSW 5-spoke, debadged...7 years ago!!...what was I thinking! :think:

c5_12.jpg

c7_12.jpg

My 106 quicksilver.... and no its not chavvy!!!! lol. And if any body was interested i had it sprayed alfa romeo nuvola irredecent blue (blue/gold)

1st Talbot/Matra Rancho (Good as I was a DJ back then...) Piece of cr*p otherwise.
2nd 1.1L Fiesta Mk 1 with 16 speakers & 3 amps. Could not use the front spots & Stereo simultaneously as the battery would flatten in 50 miles!!

Cheers,

I had a £78 fiesta 978cc 1987 for my first car, was working for Vibe at the time, upgraded all the speakers with Vibe SA50s, then remembered i didnt have a constant live for the stereo :)

I had a almost white 'except for the rust' Datsun FII 120Y coupe, that had only being driven to the shop once a week by the previous owner and had never been over 60mph, until I got it. As it was my first car it died very quickly...
:thrashi:

1995 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4Si GLS. turqoise. Nothing done to it. Just 15" alloys. Only got rid of it 4 months ago. Hah.

An old T reg Mk 1 Golf 1.1L.....absolutely gutless !!
86mph on the flat :whip:
only lasted 5 weeks tho, got rit off by an ******** taxi driver !!:sob:
cool car !!!!!

1993 Rover Maestro was my first car. Much maligned, but I loved it.
1998 306 XSi was my second. Did 65000 miles in 2.5 years.
And now got the S3! 2001 Y reg. Only had it a few weeks but absolutely loving it!

peugeot 306 1.6. XS white with white alloys... get in!
now S3 and loving it!

My first car was a 6 month old Peugeot 306 GTI-6.
What a cracking motor that was. I only sold it as I put alot of miles on it commuting.

Slope.jpg

The intercooler looks like it's trying to escape.