8.5x18" Alloys fit an A3?

bl_1969

Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice/reassurance... will 8.5x18" fit my A3 1.8 TQS? I know they fit on an S3 but I don't know the finer details.

I want to order 4 but really don't want to order them and then find out they wont fit. I know my wheels are 5X100 but not sure about the 8.5 stuff. Also don't know about the ET as well, I tried to read up on it but it seems a tad complicated (maybe I was just reading a complicated website).

At present I have 17" OEM Audi Alloys as per the pic attached.

DSC01821.jpg

(Pic was taken just outside Amsterdam last year)

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Sorry, one last thing....

Also, if they do fit, do I need spacers? Is it just a case of getting them ordered or is there a bit more to it.

Cheers

Thats the thing, I dont know what I am allowed to use.... well, I removed the center cap from mine that I have at the moment and I seem to recall it said 35 or there abouts, I will double check as soon as I am out of work. But is that really important? Like, do I need to have the exact same on the new alloys that I get? And whats with the 8.5? Do I need to get what I have at present? Again, I will check when I am out of work but I think it was 7 or 7.5

Basically I dont have a clue! :wacko: hehehehe

Dont know what I can get away with and what I cant. I don't want to fit spacers, I just want the new ones to fit straight on and I would rather they don't come out further than the wheel arch if you know what I mean.

Cheers

Well i wouldnt suggest going for a higher offset than the standard(around 35) so if they are you may need spacers. but aslong as its between around ET25-35 they should be fine. i would go for either a 215/40 or 225/40 tyre as anything bigger might scrub if you go quite low.

Cheers for the info. Just what I was looking for :yahoo:

Much appreciated!