Standalone ECU

Shy19s

Oil running through my veins.
Reaction score
Is there such thing for an s3/tt? To get rid of the MAF sensor so you dont get that annoying delay with the trottle. heard of the electronic throttle units, but i was thinking to have a set ECU like the Apexi Power FC? Anyone had any experience with something like this? - Or applied it to their car?

You can certainly go standalone. Needs to be a good map. Bosch ME7.5 has better safety tollerance I'm lead to believe.

Ask to see if throttle response can be improved for OEM setup?

Isn't this the problem that can be 'fixed' with a sprint booster?

Jabba can remove the delay via a customised remap, but I do not think they are fans of this as it makes the map less progressive.

HTH

ICE

...true and jabba actually engineer in more delay on the throttle, well delay on closing it) on some of their maps to protect their turbos. It takes a while to get used to it but is kinder to their IHI bearing housings!

MOst mapps will effectively increase the speed of throttle opening and increase the amount it opens per mm movment of pedal. So if you feel the throttle is a little slow on the uptake a custom map will have it tailored to how you want it, but I think pretty much any remap will be an improvement too.
If the lag you refer to is on the closing phase, this can actually be more noticeable on remapped cars!

motec with dbw,loads without.

sprint boosters just get rid of the variable throttle postions so it make it either off or on not on a scale of 0-100 if you get me.

heard of the electronic throttle units,
forgot what there called - i ment a sprint booster.. If you've ever driven a car without a MAF it runs so much better, and you dont get that annoying stutter. I'll check out a few of these systems thanks for the reply.