Fog light question

S3-Andy

Reaction score
hi guys when i first purchased the car the front fogs would come on when entering or exiting the car,i have noticed this is no longer the case and this is not working now,i recently lost a key and i am using a spare could this be the answer? does the key store that kind of info?

Andy, i think this is a modification that is an additional kit...fed via a relay...

someone wil no doubt be along soon with the techy stuff.... but this is defo not standard on an 8L car

Andy it is a mod and it may have something to do with the key, but i doubt it as it will be linked to the CL i presume...

Did you buy the car off someone on hear, as i only really know of one s3 that had that done on it....unless anyone else has it and would like to correct me..

i am not sure if the last owner was a member, so you guys are saying this is a mod,now that you mention this i did recently notice a strange buzz from the ignition when switching off,funny enough its seemed to stop recently along with the fogs,thanks for the input any more ideas guys its not esential but a good feature,just bugs me that it has stopped working

It is a mod and iirc its quite a complicated one....but if you do a search im sure there is more info on it somewhere on this site....