Power Loss / Turbo Problems??

pafitoui

Reaction score
Ive had power loss problems with my 2001 S3 over the last 3 months, the turbos have been cutting out whilst driving/accelerating, especially at higher speeds, there have been times when they havent even kicked in. The computer didnt register a fault but the Audi technician said that the turbos were over boosting? providing too much pressure? They took it on a road test a couple of times before they experienced the fault. I dont have a clue about these things. But they ordered me a new turbo.

Has anyone else had these problems?

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Freak said:Has anyone else had these problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

A Big YES,
i've an A3 TDI Quattro which has been modded by previous owner (not sure as wether just a remap or some kind of tuner box also) but when driven hard my turbo can cut out (limp home mode super chips call it) caused by overboosting and a simple pulling over and turning ignition off/on resets it and its fine until next time.
Whatevers been done to my car must be well hid as the car was thoroughly checked/tested by audi (2 garages) and eventually Audi special tech's and after a new flow meter, gate, hosing and new TURBO the fault is still present.
Audi techs said that the logged fault was very vague.
It simply registered "FAULTY TURBO" Which according to the guys at Audi meant that they had to check/replace around 18 minor components before the Mighty turbo.
So depending if you've only been to see them once/twice and the cars still under warrenty then getting a new turbo is all good!
Is your car modded? (remap etc)the reason i ask is that another member of this forum R-Quattro had the same problem as myself and both our cars are modded.
Cheers

Ive just had the Lambda 2 probe (oxygen sensor?)changed and so far so good, no turbo cut out. I just hope it stays that way

My car has not been modified as its fast enough for me as standard.

Well, got the car back, everything was ok for a couple of days then it happened again, I keep losing the turbo.

And on top of that, the fuel senders are going crazy, even after the instrument cluster change.
Its going back in on Tuesday. Im getting really annoyed now, I just want it sorted. This will be the 5th time in the garage in the past few months.

God help me