Indicator Problems ??????

jamieface

the only S3 in the villiage
Reaction score
Hi guys im back again but with a different problem this time, my indicators have stopped working ! they will flash with the hazards on and with the central locking but when i use the indicator stalk i get a quick flash then nothing ! the stalk seems to have everything else on it working fine i.e. the cruise control and main beam.

Anyone got any ideas ???
its a real mare driving without indicators ! I need your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers j

Where is that likely to be located ??? is it behind the glove box ??? could it be anything else ??? is there a seperate flasher relay for the hazard lights ?? they seem to work fine ??

I had a similar problem.

The relay is built into the hazard switch in the centre top pannel. So you replace the switch and relays in one unit.

It contains 2 relays, one for the hazards and one for the indicators. In mine, and possibly yours case, the indicator relay began to fail.

Bought a replacment from vagparts, about £20 i seem to remember, not too hard to replace, 5 mins with care not to damage the piano black pannel. Just pops out with a fine blade, then the switch unit can be removed.

James

Thats brilliant cheers for your help. Off to GSF tomorrow lunchtime then !!!