A4 2.7 bt engine into A4 2.6 Q

BLP

Reaction score
Has anyone on here put a B5 2.7bt engine into a B5 2.6Q (ABC), I would like to know more about what is required mechanically to do this succesfully, and possible problems I may come across.

The B5 I am looking to do this with has had most other bits uprated, clutch, brakes etc, I would just appreciate information relating to the engine conversion itself,

Any info or previous posts much appreciated,

Ben

Would have thought it would be cheaper and easier to sell the car and buy a proper S4. With prices as cheap as £4k-£5k for one you'd be better off in the long term, as any money spent on a 2.6Q will not be recovered when you come to sell it.

BLP said:
Has anyone on here put a B5 2.7bt engine into a B5 2.6Q (ABC), I would like to know more about what is required mechanically to do this succesfully, and possible problems I may come across.

The B5 I am looking to do this with has had most other bits uprated, clutch, brakes etc, I would just appreciate information relating to the engine conversion itself,

Any info or previous posts much appreciated,

Ben

I have a complete 1999.5 S4 Biturbo engine, complete with all ancillaries, wiring harness, ECU, intercoolers, instrument cluster, ignition key and barrel, flywheel and new clutch.

All ready to bolt into your car. I'll sell, and can carry out the conversion if needed. PM me for more details if interested.

auroan said:
What happened to putting it into your motor Siena ?

Considering fitting an S8 4.2V8 40V. 360PS stock, and that noise...

...May either turbo or supercharge it before installation.

These things happen, David. Nothing's decided yet though.

But, I have measured up, and the 4.2V8 WILL fit within the confines of the B5 engine bay.

Siena said:
But, I have measured up, and the 4.2V8 WILL fit within the confines of the B5 engine bay.

Thats alot of weight over the front wheels.

psytech said:
Thats alot of weight over the front wheels.

Wrong, less weight.

The all aluminium V8 weighs less than the cast iron V6 block.

Thats awesome, I did wonder after I posted that. Ive got a 2.8 and its very weighty.

how much does it cost? I saw a 4.2 lump for sale inc the loom and clutch for £5000, dont know what condition it was in.

psytech said:
how much does it cost? I saw a 4.2 lump for sale inc the loom and clutch for £5000, dont know what condition it was in.

How much does what cost? 4.2V8 or V6 Biturbo?

fitting of a 4.2 v8, I know i cant afford it at the moment but a man can dream. Surely its alot more work than a Bi turbo.

The RS4 (4.2) engines are actually cheaper to buy than the 2.7t's as they are
far less usable for tuners. Grizz on rs246.com was selling one for 2.5K
recently.

As above, if you want a 2.7t just buy an S4 unless money is no object.