4beeps from the back

s3clarke

Money grabbing s3!
Reaction score
Since i changed my car battery 2 days ago, i have heard this beeping from the boot. I have read that this has something to do with the alarm system battery dying.. But I'm not convinced as its the 1st time it has ever done it and only happened since the car battery was changed. Any ideas how to shut it up as on start up now with my brake pad warning light on its ****** annoying !! 😕

Yeah the batteries in the alarm leak acid mate i pulled mine out as I was getting the same problem before it started going off in the middle of the night as I have read a few times from quite a few people

Like you say. Dying alarm back up battery.

Yeah mine did it for about a year before I changed it. Just get out and go for a really long drive, it should charge the battery up and stop beeping. If it hasn't cured it then just change the batteries. I did it and it worked a treat! Mine got to the stage that the alarm just kept going off all the time!

Rear alarm siren acid leak

mine started doing this when i got the car then stopped,thats because the alarm died,took it out and apart and it was well fu*ked,the new ones from audi are modified units,should be no more leaking acid battery's !

I've took it for a decent drive today so hopefully it'll shut it up. If not I'll have a look and a little investigate