Full DIS on AUDI A4 110 1997

JSWD32

Reaction score
Hi,

My Brother has just bought a 1997 a4 110 tdi quattro on a P reg. I was surprised to see that he had the same Full DIS as I have on my 2001 a4 130 pd? Did this come as an option on the earlier cars?

The car also has a few more odd options like the xenon globe front headlights which I though only came in on later 2000 models? i guess it may of been retro fitted.

any info would be great.

thanks

Jonathon

JSWD32 said:
Hi,

My Brother has just bought a 1997 a4 110 tdi quattro on a P reg. I was surprised to see that he had the same Full DIS as I have on my 2001 a4 130 pd? Did this come as an option on the earlier cars?

The car also has a few more odd options like the xenon globe front headlights which I though only came in on later 2000 models? i guess it may of been retro fitted.

any info would be great.

thanks

Jonathon

Think that DIS was part of the 'SE' pack which I'm guessing the quattro has as its a fairly top of the range model?
I'm pretty sure quattro A4 models of that era had Bosch headlamps (unlike fwd cars which had Valeo units with a single H4 bulb) that also had integral foglamps?
The Bosch lights had 2 x H7 bulbs and one H1 bulb.
Is that what you mean?
One piece headlamps with integral indicators came in as part of the facelift in early 1999, so if they are one piece they are a retrofit.
Having done a little digging around , it seems Xenon (ie gas discharge) lights don't appear on the Audi parts system CD-ROM until the 1998 model year.......