Squueky Passenger Seat

Rikster23

On the facelift path...
Reaction score
Recently bought myself a second hand A3, however over the last few weeks Ive noticed the passenger seat squeeks when someone is sitting on it.

Could it be the springs of the seat or something else?

Havent attacked it yet with WD40 or Vaseline but thought I would ask before checking it this weekend.

you sure it isnt her earings....try some oil

Anyone remember that advert from years ago haha

"you sure it isnt her earings....try some oil"

:lmfao:

Sometimes the runner and rails dry out and cause an annoying squeak. Also the hinges can dry up too. Lube 'em up with some grease and run them forward and back a few times.... might help!!?

I remember that advert myself haha.
Quality you remember it :)

I will try and up the hinges. What type of oil do you guys suggest?

Was just gonna spray some WD40 on the areas, but dislike the horrible smell.

If you can get good access to it i'd try some good old fashioned grease, it seems not to dry out as quick, only thing is it can be a bit messy. Doesn't smell horrid though!

I get this in my A4, dont suppose its the half leather seats with blue/grey trim?

Will try some grease on the sliders at weekend, thanks

Pretty similar. Have the not so nice checkered finish on mine.
Funny its only on the passenger side. Hope I can it nice and quiet.

Although its a nice laughing point when we drive, but after a while it does get on my nerves.

On another note, I noticed hearing some squeeking noise from my back driver side wheels/brake.

Its quite subtle and notice when I have my stereo off. Would this just be some cleaning/scrubbing needed on the brake parts or because its wet?

Well sorted out the squeeking.

I oiled down the hinges and its silent driving now :)

Kiteyboy said:
I have this problem on my S3, but only when it is fully back. Move it in one notch and the squeak goes.

Ive had this problem too, its really annoying. Ive actualy tracked it down to the plastic side panel of the seat rubbing on the plastic cover over the seatbelt fastner.

yep, i've had this too. fixed it by spraying some lube behind the pastic cover on the back of the seat. been fine since.