Remaps

consilio

Up the owls!
Reaction score
Just a quick thought on remaps, which I intend on doing to the S3.

Most now say that it is untectectable by dealers etc. Is this as good as saying that it is not worth informing the insurance company, as they would have no way of knowing anyway?

Thoughts?

I'm not to well up on what they ( dealer/insurance ) can and cant see, but if you can switch the map back to std in seconds ( IE a Giac switch ) then they would have a hard time proving your car is putting out more BHP!

p

Any modifications we make, we "SHOULD" inform our insurance companies......but do we?

Change a radio? Wheels? Suspension? Anything is deemed as a mod so in theory..yes you should.

Personally..Would i inform them???? Naaaaaaaaaaaaa!

cal1470 said:
Any modifications we make, we "SHOULD" inform our insurance companies......but do we?

Change a radio? Wheels? Suspension? Anything is deemed as a mod so in theory..yes you should.

Personally..Would i inform them???? Naaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Bad boy !!!

Detectability an age old discussion! Well any change from standard will bring up a difference in a basic CRC check. Inability to flash due to resident code will flag up another question. The flash counter. another marker. Switching software which gives a car duplicate ID or an incorrect ID also a marker. Logged boost, again a marker!

N8KOW said:
So can they detect?

If they apply a service update for sure. Some of the marketing claims in the industry are quite shocking, it's purely because there is no regulation.

Don't take the risk, always inform the insurance company, it will usually have a very minimal effect on your premiums, if it does add a lot then insure elsewhere. If you don't inform them you are essentialy driving around with no insurance, so don't hit me please!