Tarnished Avant Roof Rails - What do you recommend?

Buck

Reaction score
Hi all

Newbie to the forum - lots of great information - particularly like the detailing section - wow!

One gripe I have with my A4 Avant is that the aluminium roof rails are quite tarnished/tired looking.

When I took it to my main dealer a while back they said to use polish on them to remove the 'tarnish' - tried this but it didn't have any noticable effect.

Any recommendations on a product to clean these up properly?

Thanks in advance

CM

i use a product called autosol mainly for exhaust tips and stuff on my bike and its great but the usual stocked autosol has a cutting agent in it,but you can get a autosol smooth which would be fine for your use.
hope this helps.
lea

Try Some T-cut mate, You'll be surprised what that stuff can do.
I use T-cut on my Exhaust tips and the few bits of chrome I have and keeps them looking good.

Thanks Guys - I have some T-cut so will start with that and see how I get on

Cheers

CM

I can say that autosol is good for metal work, i use it on the bike to bring the shine up.

just be careful not to get it on the paintwork though.

autosol is about £5 from halfords, motorworld etc, and comes in a small tube as paste, use a rough cloth (maybe old sheet) and use like liquid brasso..

id also put this in the detailing section mate, there a couple pro detailers who will know exactly what ull need if these other suggestions dont work

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…