New Member, New Car, Few Pics

Audimandan

A4 1.8T 1998 (S) 70K Silver, standard for now...
Reaction score
Hi All, Im Dan (new member) from Sheffield...

Just picked up a very tidy a4 1.8t:

1998 - S
FSH
Insurance Cat D - needed 2 doors on drivers side, now fixed, after I picked up 2 in same colour from manchester. :icon_thumright: .
Paid £915 for the car, £80 for the doors.. sold a front electric window motor for £40, so the car owes me £955 for now, heres a couple of pics..

psxwa301107543b.jpg

psxwa301107543g.jpg

psxwa301107543e.jpg

psxwa301107543f.jpg

Anyways, after driving it I loved it so much I decided to look for a group to join, and it's nice to see a bunch of members like this, using tasteful mods on the a4, not max power type rubbish!

The cars standard for now, Im hoping for a remap, bigger turbo, decat full stainless, 18or19s rs8 style wheels.

It drives very well at present, has just flown through the mot.. And the interior is like new! Thanks for looking
:)

nice to see, welcome to the forum , i bought a 99 1.8t quattro sport about 6 weeks ago , wanna do some subtle mods like supension, S4 wheels & debadge it ,this is my first audi after having 14 bmw's i hate to say it but its better quality than any bmw ive had ,but it''l never leave the bmw fold! this quattro's my every day car while im restoring my E30 M3 cecotto to concours , i cant leave any car alone no matter what i got

Hi Kev. Believe it or not I was torn between BMW VW and Audi, I did nearlly buy a 328, definately wanted a german build either way..
I knew absolutuley nothing about Audi before reading this forum, and when I was waiting for delivery of my a4, I had my fingers crossed it might be quattro, but it wasn't meant to be!
Ill probably keep this for a year then get the S4, insurance would be a little too much now, being 23.

Ive always had Vauxhalls in the past, I had a 190bhp Corsa GSI 2.016v before I nearlly killed myself in it!
I break vauxhalls for spare parts by the way.. And have loads of spares for the astra mk4 incase anyone knows someone who needs anything.

Welcome to the fold, I have to say you picked up a nice bargin and like yours mine started of as a Cat D stolen and Recoverd car.

Before I signed up I clocked your motor as one of the nicest Ive seen here, cant belive some dosey **** has nudged yours!:noway:

hi mate,

Used to have a e30 m3 myself, stripped out and caged for track days, also a m44 engined supercharged e36.

Got almost identicle a4 as yours, mine bought off sister for 500 notes with snapped cambelt last year as a cheap run around. That was over £6k ago! Got the bug now.

billybravo said:
Welcome to audi-sport if you need anything or help with something just ask :)

Cheers :) much appreciated..

macca said:
hi mate,

Used to have a e30 m3 myself, stripped out and caged for track days, also a m44 engined supercharged e36.

Got almost identicle a4 as yours, mine bought off sister for 500 notes with snapped cambelt last year as a cheap run around. That was over £6k ago! Got the bug now.

Sounds like a top motor you have there, what bhp is the a4 pushing out now?

Nice car there mate and with DIS thats the only thing im missing of my A4 i loved it on my old one i still want to see if i can fit it. Welcome along.

marriedblonde said:
Welcome, very tidy looking car car you have their :)

Now stick the pics up in the sticky thread ;)

See here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=21066

J.
Hi cheers, Im gonna fit the new wheels exhaust and coilovers before I upload to the gallery.. A nice background wouldnt go a miss either, instead of the scrapyard look! lol

Markey said:
Nice car there mate and with DIS thats the only thing im missing of my A4 i loved it on my old one i still want to see if i can fit it. Welcome along.
Hi cheers Markey:icon_thumright: Is DIS the driver information system? in the dash? :readit:

Soupie69uk said:
Looks like you got a sweet deal.
:icon_thumright: Yeah Im chuffed with it, because I only bought it from pictures without viewing, and when it turnedup it was much better than I thought it would be for 10 year old! + when I took it for the MOT and it went up on the ramps, I had chance to check the underside out, and its had all new links and ball joints on front suspension, a common problem apparantly... As you will know! and its been under sealed from new.

Love the front mount on yours, and the new brakes..
Im toying with the Idea of having Black Multispoke wheels now, with big callipers and discs.. Im going for something different with the calipper paint, just to be origional.. either Illuminus yellow, or illuminus green,or between sky and royal blue, with matching intercooler hoses either way... what do you think? :eyebrows:

Bargain there mate:salute: I'm looking for either a 1.8T 2wd or quattro over next couple of months. Wouldn't hesitate to buy a catD if car and price was right

Great buy, welcome aboard.

@ ABOO: I'd hold out for a quattro model.