Turbo update

Broken Byzan

Photographic Moderator
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As some of you may have read i took a chance and ordered an update for my old tired turbo.

Having been unlucking buying a dud K04-15 from ebay i found the housing was shot. Woth that in mind i ordered this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=120176533325&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

I chose to send my old turbo to Sean for a rebuild, priced at $550 inc the kit as won above.:hubbahubba:

He has kept me updated at all points inc these pictures sent today.
White_CHRA.jpg

White_Mockup1.jpg

White_Mockup.jpg

It is currently being balanced and i hope to recieve it within a few weeks max.

wow! that is mega cheap!

what BHP you looking to produce? ive got a Stage 4 Turbo Dynamics K04 which has had its internals done to produce 270-290bhp!

im more interested in yours now lol.

keep us posted all the way mate!

To be honest i was originally more interested in a turbo that didnt blow oil,lol
But this is looking good, being based in poland makes labour and parts cheap, and the pound being strong against the dollar means we get the benefit.

I really just want 200 bhp @the wheels TBH. that should be reliable and economical when required.

Looking very good there :) who do you have planned to do the mapping ?

I will go back to chipped UK and see mark and get a live map done i think, but will test reliability using my current map,should be ok, just no more power than the map allows

Wow I missed part one of this but I hope this is good as it may make a cheap upgrade and good power if what they say is true.

The stock K04-15 is only good for around 240bhp max so have a unit like yours that spools fast and could top 290bhp has to be given a thought.

Nice work myman keep us all posted.

I have spent this afternoon till the heavens opened removing my old K03
ko3.jpg

and bought it in to compare it to the sp1 upgraded one i bought/had rebuilt etc.
sp1.jpg

I realise people slag off ebay etc, but Sean was really good at keeping comunication etc with updated pics and balancing details
White_CHRA.jpg

White_Mockup1.jpg

I hope to refit it tomorrow assuming i can get that stupid drain pipe to fit again,lol

Nice one :) i found trying to fit as much to the turbo as possible before refitting helped me a little bit, but they are a ******!

i know what you mean,that drain hose got stuck between the aircon pipes on removal,and i really struggled to undo the jubilee clip on the water hose behind the unit itself

No import tax as its down as car parts and Poland is part of the Eu.It was $550 plus i paid for the carriage from the UK with my old turbo £30. With all the emails etc it was around 3 weeks total, but more than half that was carriage etc

Soupie, yes i will, it will prob run like this for a month or so tbh.I need to contact Mark @ chipped.uk to see what they can do for me.

I hope to recover the lost boost i only see 12 psi at the mo

Can you not just measure the one on your K03 and make it the same on the new turbo.

Would be a nightmare trying to adjust it on the car.

thats what i have done for now, just worried it wont be right and i will have to attempt to adjust it on the car ( OUCH )

Its in,and what a difference. It spikes 15, then drops slightly, then as the revs rise it appears to rise slightly ( or maybe not drop off like before).

Seems to boost before 2k and keep going till after 6k, I am a happy bunny.

Only prob i have is a water leak, i think its from that stupid hose that goes to the block.I tried to do that one before i mounted it ,somehow its not tight enough???? GGGRRRR

Also it is nice and "smooth" feeling pulls without straining and doesnt seem to run out of puff like the k03 used to.

I set the wastegate/actuator like the k03 was set i hope thats right as i cant see me getting at it in place

Overall A wicked buy IMHO, I would deffo do it again

thats what i am hoping Chipped uk will tell me. I have a 4 bar FPR and AEB injectors so fueling shouldnt be that far off. I aim to run some logs later to see