To powerflex or not to powerflex

Randomjim

Reaction score
Noticed some of my front suspension bushes have split which might be why i'm getting a knocking noise when i turn lock to lock. Question is, is it worth going for uprated bushes? I have fk coilovers and an eibach anti roll bar so its pretty stiff allready. Are they less likely to split?

Watching this post with interest myself.
Been toying with the idea of powerflexing mine too.

Well normally when something wears out i uprate it, just want some feedback really.

The difference they make is everything feels tighter and alot more responsive. Depends on what bushes your after as to the price and i'm sure we could arrange a Group Buy if enough people were ineterested!

How much you looking for the whole front end in polly?? (Only suspension components)

i'd be interested as well, is it advisable to use new arms when doing this? i don't think you can replace ball joints any other way?

i'm after front poly bushes, engine snub mount, and some way of securing the gearbox a bit better, i think in USA there is a support arm or something for this.

also had anyone done rear bushes, i seem to be getting a bit of play on very hard cornering.

1. Lockie (full set of front bushes)
2. Randomjim (Front suspension bushes)

have the full car powerflexed front and back (kit is £300 ish)
don't even think about...just do it. totally different car
get some spare knuckles if you are doing it yourself

Well worth it

Hi ive got a full front powerflex kit in my boot been waiting to get them fitted for ages only thing is i been told that the bottom arms sometimes snap when attempting to squezze the powerflex ones in even with new arms , has anyone else heard of this as im itching to get them in also my camber is slightly out on drivers side wearing tyres down this is also the side where bushes are heavily worn , will replacing these sort this problem or can you buy some kind of camber adjusting plates????

it should solve the problem as the new bush will level the arm up

if the arms snap, take your mechanic outside and snap his!!
no way you can snap the arms unless you are a complete muppet and putting them in with a sledge hammer!

jcb said:
if the arms snap, take your mechanic outside and snap his!!
no way you can snap the arms unless you are a complete muppet and putting them in with a sledge hammer!

That will do me then will quote you when snapping his arm lol

Well interested in a full front set for my A4. Put me down for one pending price :)

Thats a good price Damian, right lads anyone else on the list??? we need at least five

is there anything for the rear on the b5 a4 front wheel drive?

Andy.B said:
Well interested in a full front set for my A4. Put me down for one pending price :)

Sounds like he is in for it !!

I would be but just coming at the wrong time for me :(

3. Andy B

Anyone else up for this??? we need another 2!!!!

Sorry can count me out i've already found some.

2. Andy B

I don't know if anyone is concerned with this but I have seen a few cars with these fitted and some of the problems I have seen are, squeaking from the poly, ultra hard suspension limits the movement and although it causes the car to handle a bit better, it can cause a bit of jarring as they don't absorb shocks as well, a bit more vibration is transmitted through the chassis.
And if your suspension isn't bang up to scratch, they can accentuate any problems.