HID Xenon kits

From what I have seen I believe the A4 wiring loom is the same to the headlight, for both halogen and xenon, well this is what the Audi parts system would suggest the last time I had a look.

I have a Philips kit on order from the states and intend to do a writeup when I fit it. I wanted as close to OEM as possible so I decided to get the Philips kit which comes with D2S bulbs and I've got a H7 to D2S adapter on route.

The headlamp in my Audi A4 has a valeo projector in it which will take well to a xenon bulb, we just tend to be lucky in this sense as alot of cars are not really suited to a xenon bulb unless they get a xenon projector unit.

As for that particular kit, it looks a bit too cheap for my liking. Alot of knock offs exist on ebay so beware.

If you want to do a bit of digging I've found www.hidplanet.com to be a useful site.

The kit I have on order is the following...

http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=75

More expensive than alot, but I have heard this is a very reliable long lasting setup and I wanted OEM reliability.

That kit should be fine, I have a set of cheapo xenon 6000k's in my car for around 8 months and they haven't caused me any trouble so far. I only fitted them because I had a spare set lying around and the standard H7 halogen bulb on the car was shocking.

I have a set of OEM S4 smoked headlamps with D2S xenon bulbs still waiting to go on the car, I'll find time one day!

Have any of you chaps that have fitted a kit got any photos of your installations? I'd love to see where you've mounted your ballasts and all that.

I fitted a bosch 6000k kit to my B6 which went in easily cost me £90 delivered. I had to take out the drivers front light and mount the bracket that comes with the ballast to a bit of the bulkhead and wrapped it up tight. The other ballast I mounted in that area inside the engine bay on the passenger side under a piece of plastic that hides a few wires(pops off easy).

The only question I would be interested in knowing is if any of you found good side light bulbs to match the same 6k blue light? I spent out on expensive PIAA led's yet due to audi's smart duff bulb senser they don't work.. due the voltage being too low. My Main beam bulbs are expensive PIAA extreme blue which are not really blue at all when they are on against the HID.

Jonathon

Can I just make one point clear, Bosch do not make such a kit for vehicles :readit:
I bought the very same kit from ebay and the quality is not what you would expect from Bosch.
Bosch are German..... these kits have 'made in China' all over them.
Instructions don't make sense.
I bought the kit for my fogs to match my OEM HID lights, they have been in for 4 months and one is no longer working :motz:
A friend of mine bought the same kit and was sent a nasty letter from TNT regarding outstanding customs charges as all the kits were sent directly from China even though the seller was in the UK :scared2:

There is a guy on the US forums who will sell you genuine Audi ballasts second hand that will fit underneath both saloon and avant headlamps (not cabriolet as the lamp is different) with brand new philips bulbs with the appropraite adaptors. I brought a set, wired them up and work fantastically well with obviously NO bulb error warnings.
The ballasts are designed to be screwed to the bottom of the headlamps as they are OE parts.
If I remember rightly I only paid £100 delivered from the States.
The guys is well respected over on Audizine and many of the US guys have brought from him. If you want his details then I will dig them out

I on the other hand was lucky enough to come across a pair of 2006 S4 cabriolet Xenon headlamps all complete. 3 screws per headlamp and about 10 minutes later and a complete upgrade done !

Andy

I had xenons in both my old B5 2.6 quattro and my newer b6 1.8t q

The kit i got was the Mister Jung kit with hella ballasts and I presume el cheapo bulbs, I had the xenons in my old audi for 3 years then when I sold it, I put the same set inc bulbs in my newer Audi and am still using the same kit so in total, same ballasts and bulbs for 6 yrs :)

The cost back then was 250 quid, as it was all relativley new technology , I would suggest to go for the 6000k colour range, or even 5400, the 600 is slightly blue'r <sp> and looks nice, although mine need replacing now as the brigtness is not as good as when new.

The guy I bought the kit from has since closed up shop, but his site is still showing in wayback machine

Heres a picture of the kit
ww-fullkitH2.jpg

And i just "chucked" the ballasts in out the way, they are not even held in with anything lol, the left one sits happily under front air intake, and the right one sits under the plastic cover for the power sterring resevoir

i bought and fitted one of these kits to my a4 3.0 last week so far no problems he also throws in some blue side light bulbs but a bit too blue for my liking

i sell hid kits on my own website( rhimports.co.uk) . i have had a set of h4 bi xenon 6000k fitted for a year and the only bother i have ever had is when i am in a poor reception area for radio signals. i turn them on and the reception fades a little. i have sold loads of them to other members of various subaru forums(£92.50+£72.50 respectively delivered) (uklegacy.com and the likes) with excellent feedback from all who have had a set ! heres a picture of them...h4 set and h1 underneath. all tuv and iso 9001 approved and easy as pie to fit ! i also get 1 years warranty on all parts except bulbs.....

If anybody where interested I have a set of the Valeo (OEM) Ballasts which I bought from the chap in the US mentioned by andyccr, complete with the H7 bulb adaptors - suitable for the B6 model only saloon or avant. I tested them but never fitted and since going back to the Allroad they are surplus to requirements.

Erm Bosch are a large company and do have a china division, you would need to look at their website like I did to see they are genuine Bosch. The Kit I bought has been faultless and my Brother bought the same Kit for his car and that has been without flaw either. My post was actually to ask if any one knew of a good sidelight bulbs to go with the HID colour of 6K.. anyone?

Regards

Jonathon

got my kit from '' hid's direct'' (e-bay) fitted the ballast under the headlights,brilliant 6000k rated.......no problems!