HID - XENON

jahed123

2002 A4 TDI 130 Sport
Reaction score
What are the popular HID's that people use on the audi a4, is there any particular Set best, what is the main bulb required, is it H7?

Links if possible please

thank you

H7 fitment is correct yes.

I'd recommend the slimline ballasts as they're neater, and something Canbus compatible should minimise the chances of bulb out errors. I can't offer any specific recommendations personally.

looking into that now but iv stumbled across DRl's now and quite fancy getting a set but the only place I can find seems to be ebay does anybody know where else you can get them, over 200 for headlights off ebay is a bit of a risk

quattrojames thank you :D, the thought of errors didn't even come to mind lol,

What sort of DRL's you after? Aftermarket retrofit angeleye type replacement headlights? I've yet to see a pair look very convincing when fitted....

What about a set of oem S6 led's integrated into the front bumper somewhere?

Hi all, i am having intermitent problems with my hids, every now and again the drivers side one won't come on so i'm going to buy a new set with slimline ballasts and mount everything in the headlight,so does anyone have a set fitted that are proven where were they purchased, i am looking for 4300k as i believe these give the best light on the road.
Thanks in advance,
Matt

I had the same intermittent problem too Matt, can you swap the ballasts from side to side and see if the problem persists? Thats what I did and was able to identify it as a ballast problem.

I'm going to change to 4300k shortly too I think, the general consensus seems that they're the best compromise between light and colour.

These aren't cheap, but seem to get good reports - Hids4u.co.uk

4300k is the way forward. They are so much better than my old 6000k for amount and quality of light hitting the road. They look a nice crisp white light and still have a blue flicker due to the light passing through the projector lenses

I had the same intermittent problem too Matt, can you swap the ballasts from side to side and see if the problem persists? Thats what I did and was able to identify it as a ballast problem.

I'm going to change to 4300k shortly too I think, the general consensus seems that they're the best compromise between light and colour.

These aren't cheap, but seem to get good reports - Hids4u.co.uk

Hi James, i'm going to go for a new set as my current ones have breese block size ballasts, the ones you fowarded are not much dearer than the ebay ones and it dosen't always pay to buy cheap,they are still cheaper than the ones i have but i did get them a couple of years ago.

I'd you go for a set from that supplier I'd be interested to hear your opinions on them Matt. I've got slimline ballasts already, so I'm considering buying just a set of 4300k bulbs.