Considering a Purchase

ClubSandwich

Reaction score
I’ve seen a nice Carbon Black 8Y for sale, current price is £51k with c. 10k miles.

Do we think this is a decent price? How much more are these likely to fall and what was the list price of the 2023 carbon black sportbacks?

Car looks reasonably well sorted - are the carbon black editions decent for resales when I inevitably get the itch to change in a year?

I recently sold my 19 plate 8V but I really want another weekend car.

Cheers
CS

Current price is still showing on website as £58,270 without options.

f0ed83497b8cc13c4fc50b5393cb807b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ClubSandwich
I’ve seen a nice Carbon Black 8Y for sale, current price is £51k with c. 10k miles.

Do we think this is a decent price? How much more are these likely to fall and what was the list price of the 2023 carbon black sportbacks?

Car looks reasonably well sorted - are the carbon black editions decent for resales when I inevitably get the itch to change in a year?

I recently sold my 19 plate 8V but I really want another weekend car.

Cheers
CS
Range from 46-57 on AT.
Obviously 5k margin on Audi buying a used car, so you can do the math.

Some greedy dealers are still trying to sell new stock cars for 60k+ lol

If you have a desktop / laptop then use the chrome extension Motorwatch to show you how far some of these 8Y’s are falling.
Some drops are eye watering.

I had one for 2 years, never gelled with it after having the 8V for 4 years, interior is a major let down

I had one for 2 years, never gelled with it after having the 8V for 4 years, interior is a major let down

I am in a similar position. I left my TTRS after 4 years and I too haven't really fallen for my new 8Y RS. I'm due to take it on a road trip very soon, so we'll see if it can redeem itself during this trip.

I may grit my teeth and wait another 6 months or so then.

Will the facelift have any effect on price?

15% fall in value (sale price) seems a lot for a one year old car - particularly when trade prices are £4k - £5k lower than that..

I may grit my teeth and wait another 6 months or so then.

Will the facelift have any effect on price?

15% fall in value (sale price) seems a lot for a one year old car - particularly when trade prices are £4k - £5k lower than that..
Maybe the best way if you can.

Obviously the FL cost will rise again if Audi follow the standard pattern of price increases.

So a carbon could go up another 5k and same with a VS which would put it into 62k category with no options added

I suspect more used 8Y’s will filter through mid - late this year as PCP’s come to an end and insurance hikes continue to bite for some owners.

If you buy now then be prepared to take a hit when the FL arrives as people will always want the newest shiny thing, whether Audi interest rates come back down though will play a part in this too.

The days of the Daza being Halo’d versus the DNWA won’t apply to the 8Y now because of the Faff/expense of having one ‘tooned’ lol so you could probably find an unmolested 8Y simply because the ECU ‘remap’ is not cheap and thus deters the Champagne car on lemonade money
Brigade.