Uneven suspension after new components

theblueflash

Reaction score
Someone help I'm thinking going insane

To start. Car was sat on standard shocks with -35mm h&r springs. Two dead shocks later pushed me into buying an upgrade.

So I bought the h&r cup kit+ new top mounts, bearings and drop links direct from Audi.

Had a garage for it all. Noticed the passenger front corner sat higher. Gave it a week. 500 miles. No difference. Took it back. Re checked. Nothing wrong.

Had another mech check it all. No problems. Nothing broken or faulty. All shocks have correct part numbers etc.

Measured the arch gap every few days to keep an eye and it's been the same since the day it was all fitted. Rears are identical, fronts are different. Passenger side is always, no matter how level the ground, whether it's on a ramp 8-10mm higher on the passenger front.

So I got the garage to fit a power flex -10mm strut top mount on one side to see if it would even it up. The mounts are noticeably different in size and it seemed obvious this would rectify the issue.

No!

Drove it for a day after fitting. Exactly the same. I can't for the life of me work out why.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've had the garage and mechanics ask but it was sat completely level on all 4 corners before with the old knackered suspension. So could it be that the passenger side was broken before to make it level? Maybe. But if it's supposed to be higher on that corner that doesn't explain how a 10 mm lower mounts has made sod all difference ?

Does anyone else have h&r cups on their a1? Or anything for that matter? Is your suspension higher on the passenger front corner?

Any help appreciated

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Common item in all this are the springs.

Common item in all this are the springs.
Actually forgot to mention that in my post. The springs that are supplied with the cup kit carry the same part number as the -35 mm springs I already had. Ive even had the mechanic swap out all 4 new springs and try the older ones and it's still exactly the same.

If there is an issue with a one spring then fair enough but surely installing a 10mm shorter mount would have cured this issue?

I'm just scratching my head continuously over this.

I'm even thinking of buying coilovers now to essentially fudge the problem as I'll have even more adjustment. But that doesn't cure my OCD and the fact that I still won't know why it isn't sitting level

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk