Q7 Latest Audi maps for 2024, how did I you get them?

ntp

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Quick question, has anybody purchased 1 months Audi connect and have been able to update to the latest maps 2024? If yes, did I you do it via sd card or via online? Do I need to buy a data package if I want to do via online?

Main reason why I need the latest maps is my travel pack and speed limit. My maps are 2020 and in the last 4 years London has mostly become 20 miles limit. Therefore my travel pack often picks up 30 as speed limit and I get into trouble. So yes, I use mobile apps for navigation but the current Audi maps become handy when I use my audi travel pack features, like speed limits, lowering speed when the car nears a turn or round about, etc..

I hope somebody can share feedback if they have done that.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

Reactions: paul wev
Well, nobody shared feedback so I must be the first one here trying this. Just contacted Audi digital connect support and they told me that my 2017 Q7 can only have a new map licence purchased via the audi dealer. In other words, I can enable Audi connect and the key function but this is not going to give me a free map update.

Anybody here ever had a purchased new map licence from a dealer in UK?

i purchased the package last month and i had an update over air complete? i have proof

I had a similar problem on my B8.5 S4: I bought it new in 2015 and by 2020, the mapping was completely out of date. When I enquired of my dealer, I was told the only way to update was at the dealer via a key code that accessed an update that would take several hours to download and install. I can’t remember how much they quoted but I remember thinking it was an absurd sum to pay for a static file that would be out of date again in less than a year. I spent the money on a CarPlay retrofit and have used Google Maps ever since.

Reactions: ntp
I see, what year and model is your Audi car?

Just seen your message Adrian, thanks, it may be different on different models.

Thanks, I am no registered though and I don't know how to since there is no Register link on the page.

I will check the price with Audi dealer though this week.

U/N = Guest
P/W = Guest

MIB

Same happened to me in my 2019 A6 C8. After 3 years I bought monthly licences via the myAudi app (I didn't go for the full 12 as I was waiting for my Q8 arrive) and I couldn't get any map updates. I tried the online option via the MMI and also via the website. I didn't bother pursuing the issue as I was trading the vehicle in soon.

I've just downloaded the 2024 maps from My Audi login. How on earth 28gb updates "over the air" god knows. Ive only had the car a month so not sure.

1.Download
2. extract to USB stick (format as fat32)
3. Goto software update on MMI and plug in USB. Wait a while, It recognised there was a software update and started update. Took ages mind you, about an hour! Was worried battery might go flat lol

Reactions: paul wev