ASR or Sports Exhaust?

drjim1

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just purchased a RS3 8Y with the standard exhaust which is extremely quiet..
If i want a bit more noise should i fit the sports exhaust (found found one second hand for £350) or fit the ASR module
As either option is around the same price what will give me the biggest bang for buck?

Regards

Jim

ASR 100%

Buying the sports exhaust is waste of $.

The sports exhaust came standard on my car and I had to get the ASR to get more sound.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ian Downes and Basher (Peter)
That surprising as I would have thought the sports exhaust would make a difference considering the price

Mine came with the Sports exhaust and is "not great" valves are only open above half revs with more than half throttle by which time you are proper moving:) the ASR controller allows you to enjoy the sound for much more of the driving time:)

Mine came with the Sports exhaust and is "not great" valves are only open above half revs with more than half throttle by which time you are proper moving:) the ASR controller allows you to enjoy the sound for much more of the driving time:)

Sold my car and this morning drove it without the ASR, after 2 years I couldn’t remember how quiet the 8Y was in comparison lol, now I do…….

Sent from under the bridge…..

Sold my car and this morning drove it without the ASR, after 2 years I couldn’t remember how quiet the 8Y was in comparison lol, now I do…….

Sent from under the bridge…..
Whats next?

If you can afford to do both......

i run an active valve control and a Milltek race...
wouldn't want it any louder than that.. even though it's certainly not as loud as an 8V..

Reactions: Frankel