Those of you who do retrofits...

WayneB

Reaction score
So I have retrofitted a few things..

A dimming mirror
Hill hold start
Rear camera
(I won't be doing anymore as I always skin my knuckles lol)

What do you do with the fuse box wires? do you hook them around the back of the fuse box and slot them in place like OEM or do you simply use piggy back fuses?

Reason I ask is I tried to do it the OEM way, but the cabling to the fuse box is so short that I can't get the fuse connectors in the fusebox.

Back of the fuse box where possible, factory earth points where possible. Can be a bit of a pain to access the rear of the fuse box but it’s 100% possible.

Reactions: Potterswheel and Sandra
Thanks.

I have found a good way of doing it.

1st release the locking slider and then using a cable tie of fuse pin width, poke it through the fuse box where the fuse terminal is to go, and push the fuse terminal onto the cable tie.

The cable tie guides the pin into the correct place.

Reactions: Potterswheel
So I will be running my car to Alex for the coding and connection of the ABS plug (plus OEM camera), but if anyone has any tips on the fuse pin insertion, how to remove that pink bar, please let me know. I really want my glovebox back in and music back instead of wires and sockets dangling.

Can that pink locking bar be removed? The tab on the end snapped off :( So I'd replace it.

The back pulls out 1mm at most, I don't want to force it, but the pins won't push in far enough.