Give me an idea..

emerylloyd

Reaction score
Hello

Probably a really boring thread subject, but I'm really stumped.

I've got an A3 Quattro Sport, Dark Blue, 2000 reg (W) which I want to sell. It is coming up to 82000 miles, has full service history, 6 months tax and just had MOT.

Since I've bought it I had a major service at about 77000 miles I think, had ALL fluids changed, front hub renewed, renewed rear springs, plugs changed and some other bits and bobs. Have just fitted facelift rear lights, and have facelift headlights to go in. I am debating whether to send off to bodyshop to get 2 small scratches sorted and resprayed bumpers, as the lacquer is flaking. Would sell for less if I do not have to do this obviously. A bad point, is the radio which has the common volume problem, but this will be sorted for my sake! Also it has tinted windows, which I don't like, but cannot justify paying out to have removed.

If anyone could tell me how much roughly this car would go for I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

:icon_thumright:

Yea its a 1.8T sorry. Forgot to mention, got black leather interior, BOSE system.

It is a nice motor, but I can't really afford to keep it for much longer, insurance will be due, as I'm saving deposit for a house that takes priority, back to my work van! Yea I was thinking around the 5k mark, but didn't want to put a stupid figure out there. cheers

It would be cheaper to sell it 'sold as seen', I don't see anypoint in spending money on respraying which you won't really get back at the point of resale, unless your best mate is a sprayer, and he's only charging you for the materials for the work to be done. I would leave the headlights alone and sell the facelift items on fleabay, same with the rears, put the old ones back on, and I'm sure someone will snap your arm off for the facelift rears on here!
As for the stereo, just tell the new owner it's a common problem, either buy a replacement from the 'bay or get an after market stereo.
Don't forget to forward this forum addy to the new owner, so they can get some good advice also. ;)

Yea I see what your saying, suppose its up to the new owner to sort it out if its not to there standards, I will be putting it up with pics in the classifieds section i think !