20" wheels on my RS4 B7 ?

swisstony

Reaction score
I have had someone, who knows my car, offer me a set of genuine Audi Speedline Lemans but they are 20"
They look good as a second set but the CB is different so assume it will be spigot rings or the like to make them work

5x112Cb is 66.69J ET29Tyres are 255/30/20

CB on my wheels are 57.1mm

Its only an idea right now but happy to be advised against or if it is a right faff.

Maybe book a dental visit after fitting them ;P

funnily enough i saw one on an auction site b7 rs4 on 20 inch OEM lemans.. so probably it's just the spigot you need... best to check those dimensions on an online wheel fitting app. But afaik they should be a direct fit. You could always just try one wheel on the front, and see if it fits right without the spigot rings anyway... as you'll be looking at how far the wheel is sticking out of the arch... and it's an RS4 you got the bigger arches on all corners.

Oh deary me , 20” alloys have reared their head again. Lol

CB on B7 platform is 57.1. So any rims that are not allready b7 fittment or from a platform that also has 57.1 will need spigot rings.

Ride quality will only be as good or bad as your suspension to a larger degree.

Important factor is offside even on the rs4 as any rims will need to clear the 8 pot brembos, so you need to ensure that part of the plan is ok.

If they are rs4 B7 approved fitment then that helps but don’t assume all rims will just go on, they may or may not. Best to check first

Assuming you have the OE 255/35 19 at the moment, going to a 20" with 255/30 will retain the oe spec for overall diameter etc and speedo will be correct, the 255/30 side will however be 14% lower so about 12mm tinner sidewall which you may not be at ease with, not so much from a ride quality albeit it maybe a little more sensitive to surface deviations etc but moreso from potential road surface damage etc.

It would look great but not sure its the ideal plan with our rubbish roads etc.
You know where you are with the 19" setup.

these look great, 255/30 20 speedlines
sidewall is lower as mentioned but not silly low like on some cars.

Last edited:
but it will be less when fitted with car weight on tires.

here you go 20" S7 speedlines pics, fitted albeit with different rubber from interweeby.

20” S7 alloys wheels, Michelin Pilot sport tyres 20/265/40

Reactions: THQuattro
I think you will find that 20" speed lines (lemans pattern) are fitment across a fair few different models and platforms so will come in various fitments etc but look the same

The only downside for me is that the larger diameter you go the smaller the brakes look, B7 RS4 caliper/discs are not small by any means but looks to have shrunk with these fittmenst...

Personally, I think they will be spot on! Double check the et, but tyre size should be good, 20’s in that style will clear the brakes and yeh a cheeky set of spigot rings and you’ll be good to go. The rs4 can definitely pull off 20’s

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I have had someone, who knows my car, offer me a set of genuine Audi Speedline Lemans but they are 20"
They look good as a second set but the CB is different so assume it will be spigot rings or the like to make them work

Its only an idea right now but happy to be advised against or if it is a right faff.
what rim width are they?

Reactions: northpole
Personally, I think they will be spot on! Double check the et, but tyre size should be good, 20’s in that style will clear the brakes and yeh a cheeky set of spigot rings and you’ll be good to go. The rs4 can definitely pull off 20’s
I was still in two minds until you posted that ...damn :) Might have to do the deal now

Check that offset first, its not the wheel arch factor to consider on this one.

Check that offset first, its not the wheel arch factor to consider on this one.
Speaking to the seller, they came from an Audi RS4 B7 ( running spigot rings ) so I know they work. He had them on his B9 Avant but fancied a change. The ET is 29. 9J

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
The reason to check the offset is to ensure you dont have any wheel rub on the front suspension lug knuckle.

The A4 B7 and RS4 B7 share the same front legs , the track width maybe wider but the legs are the same so getting the wrong offset with 9 or 9.5j rims and 255 rubber will have consequences. you dont want any tyre rub on that joint or nearby.

Speaking to the seller, they came from an Audi RS4 B7 ( running spigot rings ) so I know they work. He had them on his B9 Avant but fancied a change. The ET is 29. 9J
If that is the case you are good to go, but it allways pays to be 100% with these things, small differences can have a big impact .

Only the rim diameter has increased as the tire sidewall has reduced to compensate and they are effectively the same when fitted , if the offset is good , which you say it is then worth a go.

From previous experience I tend to be very cautious now with alloy upgrades, it can be a bit costly if it goes tits up hence why I tend to be a overkill these days. lol

good stuff chap. :icon thumright:

The reason to check the offset is to ensure you dont have any wheel rub on the front suspension lug knuckle.

The A4 B7 and RS4 B7 share the same front legs , the track width maybe wider but the legs are the same so getting the wrong offset with 9 or 9.5j rims and 255 rubber will have consequences. you dont want any tyre rub on that joint or nearby.
Yes I had heard that could be a potential issue... So my options are ...

1. Go for these 20" Alloys . They have been recently refurbished in anthracite which I do like as it is different to the shadow chrome I have on the RS4 and obviously a larger size rim.

2. Search for a set of 19" Le mans alloys ( which I know fit ) but find a set that say needs a damm good refurbish and then get some decent tyres. That way I can have the colour I want , something different to what I have now

3. Ignore Robs inevitable multiple posting of option 4,5.6 etc with different style alloys :)

• Haha
Reactions: Gmac and northpole
go with option 3 , just ignore me...lol

• Haha
Reactions: Gmac and northpole
As much as I love the 20’s , 19’s that you do your colour choice etc maybe the better option , all down to you chap.

As much as I love the 20’s , 19’s that you do your colour choice etc maybe the better option , all down to you chap.
THAT is the route I am leaning to, more expensive option because it would be around £400 for the alloys in crap condition, another £250 for refurb and then around £400 for tyres so total £1050... versus £750-800 for this set of 20" with ok (ish) tyres which would be cheaper to start with but may have to swap the rubber so then it works out more expensive at £1200 ..

Me personally I just am not sure I am in that place to start experimenting with different wheel sizes, colours etc when it is a big outlay.

It mounts up chap, agreed if you go with 20,s you may need rubber too later on and that won’t be cheap, and there always the the small detail of , will you be comfortable with the ride of the 20,s
A big outlay to find it is not what you really want, will look great but looks aren’t everything.

Unfortunately it’s your decision chap but whatever you decide it’s still going to be great.
Nice to have the RS to start with:yes:

It mounts up chap, agreed if you go with 20,s you may need rubber too later on and that won’t be cheap, and there always the the small detail of , will you be comfortable with the ride of the 20,s
A big outlay to find it is not what you really want, will look great but looks aren’t everything.
It does indeed. Sometimes I can be reckless and think, sod it but at this level of cost I think it would be foolish to just do it for the looks as you say. Also even though I am sure it will be fine re the rubbing as the wall width reduction compensates for the diamter increase, it may just look good but the ride could be compromised and for that reason I have decided its a no no. I shall now resume my search for some cheaper battered ones so I can have two sets, one for winter and one for summer. And anyway I have other projects/upgrades to look at. One is a short shifter from ES Tuning ... :yahoo:

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
A short shifter, now thats worth a look . :icon thumright:

Reactions: swisstony and northpole

From my personal experience, I'd say 20" are too large for the B7 chassis and with spigot rings I think you may suffer wheel wobble as well as a harsh ride. Just my twopenny worth.

Nah spigot rings do the job they are designed for mate.. the only time they don't center the wheels properly is when they are damaged.

Nah spigot rings do the job they are designed for mate.. the only time they don't center the wheels properly is when they are damaged.
I stand corrected and I suppose ultimately the cost of spigot rings is relatively low and you'll have your old wheels to swap back if you need.

conteplated getting 20s on mine but every time I drive down the road, I wish I had 18s!!
roads... etc... 20s on a b7, although they look nice, trade off isn't worth it..

Sent from my A063 using Forum Fiend v1.6.1.

19's are the sweet spot just about big enough to fill the arches a bit better and leaves just about enough tire wall to help smooth out the bad road surfaces... but hit a pothole and see your rims crack... the amount of cheap lemans wheels in 19 inch i have seen going cheap all have that in common. So i decided to stick with the OEM 18 inch S-line Ronal wheels although those s5 deep concave rotors are tempting me every time i see them.