Retrofitting Foldable Mirros

audi8y2021

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Online I came across a set of foldable mirrors for my 8Y (btw, very weird that they are not standard on an S-line trim). I already have the proper door modules for foldable mirrors. Does anyone have any other information regarding wiring and coding? I could not find anything on that.

I am now continuing my research and will post updates if I find anything.

Thanks!

Folding mirrors are standard on all trims - What year is yours as it's possible they didn't get fitted when the parts shortage was on

They are not here in the Netherlands, it is an option that costs: 465 including automatically dimming rear view mirror and mirrors. Plus side in the Netherlands is that you can entirely customize the vehicle, downside is that you have to pay a lot of money for everything :p

They are not here in the Netherlands, it is an option that costs: 465 including automatically dimming rear view mirror and mirrors. Plus side in the Netherlands is that you can entirely customize the vehicle, downside is that you have to pay a lot of money for everything :p
Sorry didn't look to see if you were in the UK - Not sure if the multiplug for yours will fit the folding set and have the power already - They used to do that save having different wiring looms but probably not these days

Coding well it does drop the passenger mirror when in reverse, so I'm sure some coding will be required as well

Audi doesn't include much extra wirings or driver modules for functions that aren't ordered. Unlike Volkswagen, which may even have parking heaters preinstalled, just non-functional if it's not ordered by customer. So Audi retrofits may need quite a lot of work.

Thanks!

I found out that I have the proper door modules, these modules are the once used in cars that have foldable mirrors. So I think it will be "plug-code-play". Was only wondering if someone may have the codes to be able to make this work. Also, anyone ever removed the mirror, how is it fitted to the car?

What I think now is setting the foldable mirror to "installed" or something in both the passenger and driver side door module. But maybe there are some other modules in which I need to change some things.

Last edited: