Interior panel removal to fit ASR controller

Basher (Peter)

Reaction score
Car run in and I have time over Xmas / New Year to install my ASR exhaust valve controller:).

Fitting Instructions look clear but I am slightly worried about pulling the trim off and breaking something... I searched on-line and the other ASR thread but cannot see details how to remove the facias. Any advice or exploded diagrams of where the locating bits are for the nearside footwell trim are please?

Thanks, Peter

Car run in and I have time over Xmas / New Year to install my ASR exhaust valve controller:).

Fitting Instructions look clear but I am slightly worried about pulling the trim off and breaking something... I searched on-line and the other ASR thread but cannot see details how to remove the facias. Any advice or exploded diagrams of where the locating bits are for the nearside footwell trim are please?

Thanks, Peter

555f627de6889f5d9af3ea1291612e80.jpg

lol seeing as no one can be bothered replying (typical of this place)

The above is the parts diagram for drivers side but passenger side is pretty much the same bar the bonnet release on Uk cars.

Open door
Use a trim removal tool to gently lever off item 10 (it’s got moulded in plastic clips on its rear)

Once that’s off turn your attention to item 11

It has 2 metal trim clips (no 11) you can see their placing in the diagram as little tabs where they locate.
Gently use a trim removal tool inbetween the trim where it meets the door rubber, locate the area nearest the clips, you should then be able to pop the trim upwards, you can also get your fingers in the carpet side to aid removal.
Once it’s popped up, you need to gently pull the end out of where it meets the B pillar trim (this is a plastic clip that locates in the hole you can see in the diagram)

Once you have item 11 loose you can gently pull up on the right side of it and push down on the left side to release the trim from the metal peg it’s located on that’s circled on the diagram, you should be then able to remove the item 11 out of the way.

You’ll then see the can bus / wiring junction posts you need.
The earth post is buried just below the carpet line but it’s easy to find.

Refit is just the reverse to above, making sure you slot item 11 trim up into the peg locator before clipping it back in properly, locate all the metal / plastic clips first and then a tap / push with the palm of your hand is usually enough to snap them back into their slots.

It’s the sort of job that when you see how it goes together you get a better understanding of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ian Downes, Kevmoz, Frankel and 1 other person
555f627de6889f5d9af3ea1291612e80.jpg

lol seeing as no one can be bothered replying (typical of this place)

The above is the parts diagram for drivers side but passenger side is pretty much the same bar the bonnet release on Uk cars.

Open door
Use a trim removal tool to gently lever off item 10 (it’s got moulded in plastic clips on its rear)

Once that’s off turn your attention to item 11

It has 2 metal trim clips (no 11) you can see their placing in the diagram as little tabs where they locate.
Gently use a trim removal tool inbetween the trim where it meets the door rubber, locate the area nearest the clips, you should then be able to pop the trim upwards, you can also get your fingers in the carpet side to aid removal.
Once it’s popped up, you need to gently pull the end out of where it meets the B pillar trim (this is a plastic clip that locates in the hole you can see in the diagram)

Once you have item 11 loose you can gently pull up on the right side of it and push down on the left side to release the trim from the metal peg it’s located on that’s circled on the diagram, you should be then able to remove the item 11 out of the way.

You’ll then see the can bus / wiring junction posts you need.
The earth post is buried just below the carpet line but it’s easy to find.

Refit is just the reverse to above, making sure you slot item 11 trim up into the peg locator before clipping it back in properly, locate all the metal / plastic clips first and then a tap / push with the palm of your hand is usually enough to snap them back into their slots.

It’s the sort of job that when you see how it goes together you get a better understanding of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent thanks, that gives me a very good idea of how to do it!! :) Peter

Reactions: 8YARWY
Thanks again @8YARWY for this, combined with the German video ASR provided it was straight forward in the end:) Peter

Reactions: Daggerit, Terminator x and 8YARWY