RS3 8Y ECU Compatibility

gagwithgaffer

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking to do an engine swap with an RS3 engine 8Y 2022.
Having looked around the web, it seems only one tuner in Europe MTM has so far managed to unlock the ECU for this engine, could take some time before others catch up.

I saw an interesting comparison on UTUBE between the previous DNWA (2019-2020) engine to the current version which they said is referred to as the DNWC of which they didnt really find any differences between the two.
Does anyone have any insight as to whether the DNWA ECU would work with the latest engine? this could potentially save a lot of waiting around before the latest tuning maps are available.

If anyone has the latest RS3, it would be very helpful if you could show a photo of the bosch ECU with the bar code sticker on it as this would at least confirm what software revision is currently used, before seeing it I might guess Audi are still using the same physical ECU, but might be showing a different FW.

Thanks

HGP Turbo in Germany have allegedly unlocked it too. MRC also told me they can get it unlocked as well but would cost about 4k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk