Audi Service Plans

spartacus68

Reaction score
Got an email from Audi regards 25% off service plans which you can purchase. I get not everyone is spanner handy, but really some of Audi's current pricing beggars belief.

For some reason it can't find my current car, but I used my old B8 Allroad 2.0 litre diesel and they came back with...

At 24 payments of £16.12 = £386.88

Going by previous receipts, then genuine Audi filter is around £12 + VAT. Pollen filter is £35 + VAT. 5 litres of Castrol Edge 5w30 (for 2 litre TDI is £40). You can add in sump plug too, but the new ones can be reused as it's a steel washer. Used oil goes to council recycling and couple of pairs of nitrile gloves, and zip tie if sump guard has lost a fixing.

Parts for two services, say £160, cheaper if you use MANN parts.

That's some mark-up for labour and a cup of Audi coffee with creamer!

Reactions: northpole
People that work there need to get a salary too... but I do my own maintenance for this reason... even an independent garage takes the mickey nowadays for a simple oil and filter service. The only good thing by using audi is... you get the service stamps... only really useful for cars of a certain age and worth over 5k...

Reactions: spartacus68
Interesting what you say about stamps. I sold a 15-plate VW Polo recently I had as a daily driver from 30k miles via VW's DasWeltAuto a few months ago at 50k miles. All maintenance by myself every 10k miles or year other than timing belt done by an indy, and all receipts, even down to sump washers. Sold it to Webuy mob as price was actually not too bad, but they don't consider history unless genuine, regardless of receipts in a folder in chronological sequence and list it as part-history. Infuriating.

that's webuyanycar for you... but the stamps etc would've given you a higher offer. Yeah they don't care it's the fact that it's not been maintained by the dealer.

Reactions: spartacus68
The reason you can't find your current car is due to engine size. When I took my A5 3.0 TDI (286) in for service that's what they told me. I usually service my own car too but I need the services on record. Last service cost me £450 for an oil and filter change and pollen filter...

• Wow
Reactions: spartacus 68, Maddave and northpole
Last service cost me £450 for an oil and filter change and pollen filter...

That is insane. My car has a 2 year used warranty, but as long as it’s serviced and stamped, then it’s valid. I’ll buy the genuine parts myself and let my local trusted Indy do it at less than half the Audi rate.

Thanks for the update though.

that's webuyanycar for you... but the stamps etc would've given you a higher offer. Yeah they don't care it's the fact that it's not been maintained by the dealer.

I took one out for my S5 at the weekend - £19.95 a month. Tried a couple of times over the last fortnight to set one up and the website kept coming back the car wasn’t eligible and then at the weekend it came back with a price so set it up there and then.

Reactions: spartacus68 and northpole
I keep getting the message that cannot find one suitable for my S5. (B9.5).
also a bit miffed that no more free audio connect anymore .

£140 a year for something very inferior to CarPlay features .. if don’t need to lock your car remotely, and have an iphone , What value is Audi connect ?