Audi Sport on wheels

Certi

Reaction score
I've noticed that some FL RS3s have "Audi Sport" on the wheels and some don't, but it seems random. Was this only printed on certain wheels, or certain years? Or is it simply that the ones without it have been refurbished and the decals weren't replaced?

I've just bought myself a 2018 RS3 and it doesn't have them. I'm going to be getting the wheels refurbished in the spring and I'm just deciding whether to put the decals on for the full OEM look, or to just leave it without.

AFAIK all theRS3 wheels have it now but some of the 'rotors' could come from a time before Audi Sport was a thing. As it is such a pain to put back correctly (transfer needs to go on between paint and lacquer) most don't bother.

I didn't put the stickers back when mine were refurbed but then my car has been de-badged from the factory and less advertising suits me fine

Yeah it's the rotors that I've got. The car has the "Audi Sport" puddle lights, so I'm guessing it would have had it on the wheels as well, and that they must have been refurbished at some point.

Do you mean the small laser engraving?

I have it on S3 turbine rotors but I wax my alloys twice a year and haven’t seen it on any of them recently, so am guessing the wax filler has hidden it.

Do you mean the small laser engraving?

I have it on S3 turbine rotors but I wax my alloys twice a year and haven’t seen it on any of them recently, so am guessing the wax filler has hidden it.
This is what I'm talking about, underneath the valve stem

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231119-083849.png
    Screenshot_20231119-083849.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
I believe they may be are laser etched, my '22 RSQ3 SE 21" black wheels are etched.
Mike

Doubt it as they are in light and dark colours from the factory IIRC. It is something applied on top of the paint but under the clear coat. You can buy the transfers everywhere and it is possible to replicate but fiddly. Yours many be different but these don't look etched

I used these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neo17 and Certi
I have a set also also from brakecaliperdecals.co.uk.

I was told though that if you're getting your wheels powder coated then you'll have to stick the decals on yourself after the process, as they bake at took high a temperature for them to be put on before the final sealant coat.

However, If you get your wheels sprayed, then you get the decals applied before the final lacquer goes on.

Attachments

• Decals.jpg
    Decals.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: 8YARWY
Thanks for the link, those are exactly what I'm after.

What colour is closest to OEM on black wheels with the diamond cut? The white decals or the light grey?

EDIT: nevermind, the website seems to think it's the light grey one.

Last edited:
I used these

How good do these stick?

I`m just wondering if they`ll put up with abuse from a power washer.

How good do these stick?

I’ve used them on some wheels I had powder coated in black and they haven’t budged yet.

Reactions: Neo17
How good do these stick?
In theory they should ideally go between the paint and the lacquer. If you are shifting lacquer then you are going too hard :friendly wink:

But if you are putting them on top, like anything how well it sticks comes down to prep before hand.

My car is de-badged from the factory, any more I can take off is a bonus so I have not used or played with these when my wheels were refurbed.

From my limited research, it seems that the PFL models came with wheels produced by Ronal with no "Audi sport" logo, and the later FL came with Speedline produced wheels with the "Audi sport" logo.

Hope this helps with anyone trying to figure out if their wheels have been refurbed or not

How good do these stick?

Forgot to mention, I used the same company to refresh the RS on the callipers. If they have the same sticky stuff, then they aren't going anywhere as I jet wash my callipers and they've not budged
Thanks

Reactions: Neo17 and mikeRS
My 2018 "blade" RS3 wheels had an Audi Sport sticker on the black gloss area.

Hello, just thought I'd post this picture.
I finally got my wheels painted and used the decals from my previous post. Very pleased with the outcome

Attachments

• 20240215_134819.jpg
    20240215_134819.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33