Q5 Hi from a new member a recent owner to a Audi Q5.

SimonQ5

Reaction score
Hello from a new member and a recent owner of a Audi Q5.

Can anyone asssit me with the below as I am having no joy from my local Audi dealer.

I recently purchased a nearly new 23 plate Q5 First Edition and for some strange reason it doesn't come with the traffic sign recognition. I tried to follow some posts on here via the 'Function on Demand' and myAudi route but the option for me never comes up, even after trying multiple countries as mentioned by others. It says it comes standard on the new Q5. However, when I spoke to my local audi dealer they can see it says 'traffic camera without' even though it has the windscreen camera.

Any idea of what I can do as it would be great to get this loaded onto the Q5.

Thanks

Reactions: V6_Man
Welcome.

I don't know First Edition. Could it be Edition One? I'm pretty sure signs were in an option pack. It appears it can be activated.

It's worth doing in my opinion as the satnav database is far from 100% accurate especially with all the 20mph zones and of course when there are road works etc.

Welcome.

I don't know First Edition. Could it be Edition One? I'm pretty sure signs were in an option pack. It appears it can be activated.

It's worth doing in my opinion as the satnav database is far from 100% accurate especially with all the 20mph zones and of course when there are road works etc.
Hi Scotty,

Thanks for the reply and sorry my fault you're correct it's an Edition One.

I totally agree as the sat nav speed signs are not great and I was surprised this high spec Q5 version doesn't come with it. I am not sure if when it was built they somehow turned this option off?

Thanks for the link, it seems a simple process from reading this post, but I wouldn't have clue where to start or get hold of an OBDeleven, but it would be great to get this added at the fraction of the price Audi wants to charge.

Hi Scotty,

I totally agree as the sat nav speed signs are not great and I was surprised this high spec Q5 version doesn't come with it. I am not sure if when it was built they somehow turned this option off?

Thanks for the link, it seems a simple process from reading this post, but I wouldn't have clue where to start or get hold of an OBDeleven, but it would be great to get this added at the fraction of the price Audi wants to charge.

Purchasing an Obdeleven is a one-off cost and it comes with free credit. For any future use, you can buy credits and use it for what you want. And it is defo cheaper than what Audi wants to charge.

Link below to obd device, which comes with free credit.

Thanks for the link. After reading the forum via your first link and looking on the website it seems the OBDeleven App doesn't have the traffic sign camera option yet for Q5. I'm not sure if you know any different or if I'm missing something. I didn't want to buy the unit to find out it can't be added.

I read there are a few other devices others used VCD?

Apologies this is all new to me so really appreciate your help.

Hi Scotty,

You'd be even more surprised at the MY24 spec. So much that you'd expect is an option. It's abiut £10k to get all* the option.

* - all is all that we can get in the UK and that still leaves quite a lot not available.

I can't help in Odb11. I have VCDS and on my MY24 I've coded the below things but I can't do chirp on lock due to the SFD security. Odb11 does have a solution for that so ideally I'll find someone to help me out.

Gear display
02 auto trans -
10 adaption
04111 - gear display "D on/S on"

Needle sweep
Byte 1
Bit 0 "staging on" active

Window drop
42 & 52
Byte 3
bit 1 "short drop" active

Easy entry (moves seat back and forth)
Module 09 => byte 14 bit 2 active (88 t0 8C)
Module36 => byte 3 bit 6 active (00 to 40)
Module36 => byte 6 bit 2 active (B0 to B4)
bit 3 (enabling_EasyEntry_front_seat_passenger_by_driver)??????

DRL with Rear lights
09 Central electric
07 Coding
Byte 02 > Bit 3 change 0->1

Lap timer
Select STG 17 (Control Panel)
STG Long Encoding -> Function 07
Byte 1
Activate Bit 3

You'd be even more surprised at the MY24 spec. So much that you'd expect is an option. It's abiut £10k to get all* the option.

* - all is all that we can get in the UK and that still leaves quite a lot not available.

I can't help in Odb11. I have VCDS and on my MY24 I've coded the below things but I can't do chirp on lock due to the SFD security. Odb11 does have a solution for that so ideally I'll find someone to help me out.

Gear display
02 auto trans -
10 adaption
04111 - gear display "D on/S on"

Needle sweep
Byte 1
Bit 0 "staging on" active

Window drop
42 & 52
Byte 3
bit 1 "short drop" active

Easy entry (moves seat back and forth)
Module 09 => byte 14 bit 2 active (88 t0 8C)
Module36 => byte 3 bit 6 active (00 to 40)
Module36 => byte 6 bit 2 active (B0 to B4)
bit 3 (enabling_EasyEntry_front_seat_passenger_by_driver)??????

DRL with Rear lights
09 Central electric
07 Coding
Byte 02 > Bit 3 change 0->1

Lap timer
Select STG 17 (Control Panel)
STG Long Encoding -> Function 07
Byte 1
Activate Bit 3
Thanks for the reply and can the traffic sign recognition be done via VCDS, as it seems loads can be changed via this, but hard to find if traffic sign recognition can be added to my Q5.

Purchasing an Obdeleven is a one-off cost and it comes with free credit. For any future use, you can buy credits and use it for what you want. And it is defo cheaper than what Audi wants to charge.

Link below to obd device, which comes with free credit.

Thanks for the link V6_Man. After reading the forum on the website it seems the OBDeleven App doesn't have the traffic sign camera option yet for Q5. I'm not sure if you know any different or if I'm missing something. I didn't want to buy the unit to find out it can't be added.

I read there are a few other devices others used VCD?

Apologies this is all new to me so really appreciate your help.

Thanks for the reply and can the traffic sign recognition be done via VCDS, as it seems loads can be changed via this, but hard to find if traffic sign recognition can be added to my Q5.
I don't know as I haven't looked into it. Mine came with it in the Tech Pro bundle. I know people have added it but I'm not clear on how.

Reactions: SimonQ5