Lane Assist started working after 2 months?

Basher (Peter)

Reaction score
Had the car for a couple of months and thought I knew most things! I've used active cruise control regularly in the UK (quite impressed with the way it deals changing traffic speeds:)). However when coming back from Germany last week on the motorway I noticed the Lane Guidance feature had come on! I had done nothing different to usual and have Lane Departure turned off by default - anyone offer a reason why this behaviour might have changed? Thanks in advance, Peter

Did you push the button on the end of the headlamp stalk that enables the lane guidance?

Had the car for a couple of months and thought I knew most things! I've used active cruise control regularly in the UK (quite impressed with the way it deals changing traffic speeds:)). However when coming back from Germany last week on the motorway I noticed the Lane Guidance feature had come on! I had done nothing different to usual and have Lane Departure turned off by default - anyone offer a reason why this behaviour might have changed? Thanks in advance, Peter
Can only think that you've clicked the button by accident on the end of the stalk at some point. It can be activated with or without the active cruise control on so could've happened at any point.

Reactions: Basher (Peter)
Did you push the button on the end of the headlamp stalk that enables the lane guidance?

Can only think that you've clicked the button by accident on the end of the stalk at some point. It can be activated with or without the active cruise control on so could've happened at any point.

Thanks for the replies, time for me to eat a LARGE slice of humble pie! Although I had RTFM:) clearly not well enough and as suggested above I had obviously hit the button on the end of the headlamp stalk without out seeing it (out of view in my seating position) or realising it...

Out today playing with Lane Guidance, quite clever, but not something I really want "interfering" with my steering...

Thanks again for the pointers! Peter

Reactions: Daggerit
Thanks for the replies, time for me to eat a LARGE slice of humble pie! Although I had RTFM:) clearly not well enough and as suggested above I had obviously hit the button on the end of the headlamp stalk without out seeing it (out of view in my seating position) or realising it...

Out today playing with Lane Guidance, quite clever, but not something I really want "interfering" with my steering...

Thanks again for the pointers! Peter

Not at all, easy to click by accident.

I like it for motorways and more open roads but definitely not for daily driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short press turns off/on the lane guidance feature which attempts to keep the car in the middle of the lane between the lines.
You can also long-press the same button to turn off/on the lane departure feature which attempts to stop the car going over the lines.

Reactions: Basher (Peter)
I turned mine to 'remember last setting' with vcds, I once turned it back on and it seemed to go through 2 or 3 options working with/without adaptive cruise etc, once I found the 'off' setting I have never ventured there again, imho it's a complete waste of time and can be dangerous in quite a few different circumstances.

Reactions: Daggerit
Mine comes on every time I start the car. Have to hold the button every time to switch it off as I hate it. Bit confused how it wasn’t working for 2 months.