Lane departure warning

shahaf2911

Reaction score
Hi,
Just got my Daytona grey sportback RS3 (coming from an M2), I’ve only done 120km so didn’t drive it enough to get a final thought on the car but it sure is fast af and comfortable and nimble (do it all car).
It’s my first Audi but not the first in the family (currently RSQ8 and R8, past SQ7 and S8 and v10 S8) so I know how the system works but for some odd reason whenever I turn the car on the lane departure warning (and rest recommendation) keeps turning back on by default which it’s not like that in the RSQ8 and SQ7 (only when I turn the pre sense off (which I don’t) it states it will turn back on on the next drive) the odd thing is the only thing that doesn’t turn back on is the distance warning, it drives me crazy! is your car doing it as well ? If not what am I doing wrong ?
thanks in advance for the help!

Hi,
Just got my Daytona grey sportback RS3 (coming from an M2), I’ve only done 120km so didn’t drive it enough to get a final thought on the car but it sure is fast af and comfortable and nimble (do it all car).
It’s my first Audi but not the first in the family (currently RSQ8 and R8, past SQ7 and S8 and v10 S8) so I know how the system works but for some odd reason whenever I turn the car on the lane departure warning (and rest recommendation) keeps turning back on by default which it’s not like that in the RSQ8 and SQ7 (only when I turn the pre sense off (which I don’t) it states it will turn back on on the next drive) the odd thing is the only thing that doesn’t turn back on is the distance warning, it drives me crazy! is your car doing it as well ? If not what am I doing wrong ?
thanks in advance for the help!

You’ll need to use OBD11 or VCDS to set it to off permanently.

You can then turn it off/on at will with the button on the stalk end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: billymc92 and shahaf2911
You’ll need to use OBD11 or VCDS to set it to off permanently.

You can then turn it off/on at will with the button on the stalk end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I’ll go the OBD11 route (even though the credit system looks so absurd) it just seems simpler and user friendly, thanks a lot haven’t heard of those applications (though I new there must be something like BimmerCode)!

Reactions: jimbo255
Kufatec also do a dongle to change lane assist to 'remember last setting' which is what you want to set it to, I didmine with VCDS:)

I think I’ll go the OBD11 route (even though the credit system looks so absurd) it just seems simpler and user friendly, thanks a lot haven’t heard of those applications (though I new there must be something like BimmerCode)!
Your right it is so much easier and does most but not all of what vcds but for changing that setting it’s worth the £50ish quid and you only need basic as there is an app that does it for 10 credits. Best money I spent was setting it to last memory

Reactions: shahaf2911 and Mike.46
Your right it is so much easier and does most but not all of what vcds but for changing that setting it’s worth the £50ish quid and you only need basic as there is an app that does it for 10 credits. Best money I spent was setting it to last memory
I didn’t quite understand one thing, will I need the Pro subscription service or is the OBD and credits are enough ? They say the Pro gives you the ability to code but code what ? Aren’t the credits points for coding things ?

I didn’t quite understand one thing, will I need the Pro subscription service or is the OBD and credits are enough ? They say the Pro gives you the ability to code but code what ? Aren’t the credits points for coding things ?
It's a bit of both as if you have no idea of what you are doing then they have "apps" that are essentially pre programmed codes that use credits but if you know what you are doing or following how to's in forums etc then you only need the pro subscription which is annual. You do not need the pro to use the apps. Hope that clears it up. It's not the best or easiest model but it's a easy to use tool that makes simple things like lane departure change default to last memory so easy.