Need help with s3 8p xenons

Sonny02

Sonny
Reaction score
Hello all, just bought myself an s3 8p. Has come with a few issues to say the least hence the good price…

Currently have no working main/full beam. This car has the xenon headlights and I’ve just bought and installed all the new bulbs but they still aren’t working. Have checked the fuse box but have no clue what I’m looking at, have used diagrams and all I’ve found is none of my fuses are in the places they are apparently meant to be. Anyone help me out?

Is there a blown fuse or is this a different wiring/electrical issue? Pic attached of fusebox

Cheers, Sonny

Attachments

• B95421DA-8F05-4A0E-B2DB-250472993AF4.jpeg
    B95421DA-8F05-4A0E-B2DB-250472993AF4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 84
  • C690ED0F-E66A-4504-A8A2-39011F45DDA2.jpeg
    C690ED0F-E66A-4504-A8A2-39011F45DDA2.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 45
Check diagnostics 1st.

Reactions: Sibmets
Unfortunately you will need some diag tool for these types of faults or someone to fix it for you in most situations of this nature.

Unfortunately you will need some diag tool for these types of faults or someone to fix it for you in most situations of this nature.
Took it a friend today for scanning cleared all the codes, see which ones come back. There’s a code for the rear left door which he explained could cause issues with all the other electrics if the circuit is incomplete because of that door, have also removed and replaced all LED’s with original bulbs to ensure there’s no canbus faults. Going to drive it a bit and rescan see which faults come back and will update you

The doors faults don't cause headlight issues usually, it's probably the normal lock failing errors.

The doors faults don't cause headlight issues usually, it's probably the normal lock failing errors.
Scanned them up this morning have some fault codes for you.

Faults:
00978 - Left low beam headlamp bulb
static
priority - 1
frequencyCounter - 3

01333 - Left rear door control module
static
priority - 6
frequencyCounter - 1

00979 - Right low beam headlamp bulb
static
priority - 1
frequencyCounter - 3

01504 - License plate lamp
static
priority - 2
frequencyCounter - 3

All wiring to DCM looks good so think I’ll need to replace and code it in (heard I could potentially just copy and paste the old code over?)

No idea with the lights at all, some of them like the fog lights look very dodgy and covered in silicone from previous owner… but the fog lights work perfectly fine.

The low beams wiring on the right hand side is dodgy but left looks all good however getting codes for both sides.

All fuses are okay and nothing obvious with the wiring so not too sure what to check next, any further advice?

I doubt it's the module, it's wiring & coding, seen it countless times tbh, cowboy installs, ideally use someone who knows the cars systems to fix it

Reactions: Sonny02