2.0tdi 140 CAT or DPF?

BAYOMARBLE

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of changing a blown turbo on my A4 2.0tdi and was wondering if the car has a dpf or cat, i am thinking about equipping the car with a sportcat or a downpipe. And if i am gonna get the part are sportcats and downpipes the same for TFSI and TDi engines?

No the downpipes are not the same you need one for your specific engine. So lookup the engine code than search for a matching downpipe.

Chances are you got both a CAT & a DPF. Only way to make sure is to check the cars euro class. But if you have euro 4 than the car has a DPF & CAT.

I am currently in the process of changing a blown turbo on my A4 2.0tdi and was wondering if the car has a dpf or cat, i am thinking about equipping the car with a sportcat or a downpipe. And if i am gonna get the part are sportcats and downpipes the same for TFSI and TDi engines?
I could not get sleep so went to finish the job but when I started the car everything was fine, I took out the injector fuse and cranked a few 10 sec "bursts" and then idled the car for 20 min, when i was about to drive off I started hearing a squeaking sound, sounded mostly like rubber and metal so could be timing belt but did not take any chances and went home, can go back tomorrow and record a audio clip if it could help with some answers. And I did not get new oil lines just cleaned out the old ones with some cleaner and compressed air, got a lot of gunk out and when i got clean cleaner out I let it dry out and installed it again

did you clean the boostpipes and intercooler? if the oil managed to spray inside the engine bay you might just have a slipping aux-belt... can be cleaned off to be honest but long story short the complete intake and head need to be cleaned out. before even attempting to start the car...

did you clean the boostpipes and intercooler? if the oil managed to spray inside the engine bay you might just have a slipping aux-belt... can be cleaned off to be honest but long story short the complete intake and head need to be cleaned out. before even attempting to start the car...
When I tok the old turbo off there was little to no oil in it and I also tok of the hoses for the intercooler and put some air trough and little to no oil came out.

So there where no metal.shavings anywhere? As I read you said blown turbo so either the oil seal popped or the bearing went and caused the impeller in the cold side to touch the housing...

But if you are confident the lot is clean.. well than all you need to so is check the new turbos hot side is not eating into the turbo housing if it isn't than you need to find the source of the metal noise... could be from the downpipe hitting the subframe.

All modern cars, for at least the last 30 years have a catalytic converter - California made them mandatory in the 70s I believe - certainly since leaded petrol was banned. The 16V 140 2.0 TDI mostly doesn't have a DPF, since it became only mandatory with Euro V (from about 2008); I say mostly because it was optional though and I believe some 8V 2.0 TDIs had them. The 170 2.0 TDIs had a DPF in order to meet the Euro IV emissions on the higher performance engine. Catalytic convertors are the main reason exhausts don't rust out quickly as they once did; that is not their purpose but one of those few side benefits of emissions controls. With Euro IV EGR valves became mandatory too.