Passenger window switch not working

danhinsley

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been trying to fix an issue for weeks where the passenger window works from the drivers switch but not the passenger switch.

Can't hear the relay clicking when I use the passenger switch

I have tried everything and no luck. Can someone shed some light as I'm loosing my marbles and it's starting to get expensive.

I have tried:
2 new passenger switches
1 new drivers switch
1 new passenger switch to door module cable
1 new passenger door module
Checked fuses
Checked both door looms
Checked the passenger child lock on the door lock mechanism

Is there something else I'm missing? Is it possible there's a way someone me has enabled some sort of child lock somewhere else?

Thanks in advance

Have u checked over car with Vcds to see if it shows a fault , not sure if it could be anything to do with the way ur drivers module is coded

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Have u checked over car with Vcds to see if it shows a fault , not sure if it could be anything to do with the way ur drivers module is coded

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I don't have vcds. Might be something I need to look into

Stop throwing parts at it, get a wiring diagram and a multimeter out, and figure out exactly which circuit isn't behaving like it should.
You said you've checked the child lock mechanism in the passenger door, what about the child lock in the drivers door next to the window controls? There's a button with two crossed-out window icons, it shouldn't be illuminated.

Stop throwing parts at it, get a wiring diagram and a multimeter out, and figure out exactly which circuit isn't behaving like it should.
You said you've checked the child lock mechanism in the passenger door, what about the child lock in the drivers door next to the window controls? There's a button with two crossed-out window icons, it shouldn't be illuminated.
Switches are typically a first go to after checking fuses and door harnesses, they can easily corrode and are a cheap fix. (Not in this case as the driver switch was £55 for a brand new genuine) They didn't fix the issue.

I had traced everything back to the door module and checked voltages. The relay was not switching when using the passenger switch.

To prevent having to take the door card off multiple times after failed switch replacements, replacement door module and cable fitted. Issue still persists, at this point I started to worry someone had done some sort or coding with VCDS like a child lock.

Took the old door module apart and reflowed solder over the connector pins and cleaned up any dry looking joints. It's now working. No idea why the replacement module isn't working but I can only assume it's the same. Door module price was eye watering for a new genuine part so opted for 'working, fully tested' second hand part. Seller potentially checked it using the drivers switch and not the passenger switch, I'll never know.

Also 3drs don't have a child lock button for the windows.

Reactions: kudi009 and ch1z64