S3 mmi centre console scratch

Daniela3

Reaction score
Hi,

hope everyone is well I had my car come back from mot with an annoying scratch on the centre console next to the volume. With my ocd this is driving me nuts could this be repaired does any one know or does it need totally replacing ?

Attachments

• IMG_1156.jpeg
    IMG_1156.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
Can order a new chrome insert and replace.
Looks like the scratch is actually on the black material immediately left of the knob - but I was also looking at the scratches on the chrome...

Looks like the scratch is actually on the black material immediately left of the knob - but I was also looking at the scratches on the chrome...
Had to really zoom in for that one!

that’s replacement control panel time, if it’s really bothers that much.

Thank you for your responses I do have a chrome trim that I plan to replace that one with. it is the scratch on the rubberised part of the controls, it is unsightly when the sun comes directly on to it. What sort of price would one of them come in at ? Thanks again

Thank you for your responses I do have a chrome trim that I plan to replace that one with. it is the scratch on the rubberised part of the controls, it is unsightly when the sun comes directly on to it. What sort of price would one of them come in at ?

Thank you for your responses I do have a chrome trim that I plan to replace that one with. it is the scratch on the rubberised part of the controls, it is unsightly when the sun comes directly on to it. What sort of price would one of them come in at ? Thanks again
£100 ish used or £700 ish new.

Tbh sometimes you can rub the affected area with your thumb or the like & it can cover it again, has worked in other cars with rubberised paint etc.

If you're that bothered get some matt paint, spray on some cardboard, use a pin head & just drop a tiny & I mean tiny bit on the white scratch & let it settle, then hopefully it'll hide it well enough for your OCD.