Hi, I wondered if it was worth waiting for an S1 with the Bose sound system in it?

Beanboy

Reaction score
HI,
I wondered if it was worth waiting for an S1 with the Bose sound system in it? - Are they a fair bit better for sound quality / volume etc ,when compared against the Audi system?

Basically... Is it worth waiting for an S! with the Bose sound system in?

Cheers

It's a fair uplift vs the standard sound system but I'd take a well looked after car without it than a 2014 high miler. Go for the best condition, latest, lowest mileage car you can. It being looked after properly is the biggest concern with these cars. There's certainly some proper ropey examples out there now!

Reactions: Sandra
I would say so yes I've had one with standard equipment and a second with Bose, the Bose is quite a bit better IMO, have you found a car yet ?

Initially I'd wanted one with the Bose system but then I realised that all the extra speakers and subwoofer add a fair bit of weight. I tend to prefer listening to the car anyway so went for one without in the end.
That said they definitely make the standard system pretty average (probably to try and get customers to upgrade). The stock system on my SEAT Ibiza FR before sounded way better.

Can anyone confirm if the Bose system is code 9VK? The configuration build sheet for this 2017 I’ve just bought shows it listed but the door-speakers don’t say Bose and are not illuminated..
I’m wondering if it’s been removed by a previous keeper?

Can anyone confirm if the Bose system is code 9VK? The configuration build sheet for this 2017 I’ve just bought shows it listed but the door-speakers don’t say Bose and are not illuminated..
View attachment 273346

check under the boot cover, the bose system included a subwoofer that fits snugly in and around the battery, also the MMI interface might have Bose settings for the stereo audio setup, which might suggest the speakers / door cards have been removed if the MMI thinks it's still there?

View attachment 273346
9VD is the PR-Code for Audi Sound System so the middle ground. IMO it's the best option if you plan on adding aftermarket speakers etc. Out of interest, do you have a subwoofer volume control on the Tone menu?

I’d prioritise the car itself over the sound system. You can always upgrade the ICE installation later with some good quality aftermarket speakers and/or amps.

9VD is the PR-Code for Audi Sound System so the middle ground. IMO it's the best option if you plan on adding aftermarket speakers etc. Out of interest, do you have a subwoofer volume control on the Tone menu?
Ah ok, so perhaps it was never fitted with the Bose system then.
Yes, I have sub control on the headunit MMI.

check under the boot cover, the bose system included a subwoofer that fits snugly in and around the battery, also the MMI interface might have Bose settings for the stereo audio setup, which might suggest the speakers / door cards have been removed if the MMI thinks it's still there?
I had glance and didn’t see what I recognise to be the horseshoe-shaped sub enclosure.
The MMI does allow me to change the EQ but I do not specifically see the word ‘Bose’ anywhere within the menus

I’d prioritise the car itself over the sound system. You can always upgrade the ICE installation later with some good quality aftermarket speakers and/or amps.
Cheers, have now bought it!

Thanks all

You should have the sub if you have the Audi Sound System, perhaps it's been robbed? It should be there, especially as you have the menu option - this isn't visible on basic systems. If the Bose system had been removed you'd have no sound as all audio is routed via fibre cables to the amp and DSP in the boot, which would be obvious if you lifted the floor.

You should have the sub if you have the Audi Sound System, perhaps it's been robbed? It should be there, especially as you have the menu option - this isn't visible on basic systems. If the Bose system had been removed you'd have no sound as all audio is routed via fibre cables to the amp and DSP in the boot, which would be obvious if you lifted the floor.
Ah I see. Thanks @Phazer I’ll check for the sub tomorrow