Brakes

Mr Freeze

Reaction score
Hi all

Just had a message come up saying brake pads need changing it also says you can keep on driving but contact the workshop .
Does anyone know how long they have mileage wise left in them . I will try and get it booked in at AUDI tomorrow .

Sorry if this as been asked before .

Hi all

Just had a message come up saying brake pads need changing it also says you can keep on driving but contact the workshop .
Does anyone know how long they have mileage wise left in them . I will try and get it booked in at AUDI tomorrow .

Sorry if this as been asked before .

It’ll be a enough left that you don’t need to panic.
Just get them changed ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’ll be a enough left that you don’t need to panic.
Just get them changed ASAP.

I will try and get it booked in tomorrow my worry is if I can't get it in the dealership in time as
I have to drive to Heathrow airport from Manchester next Friday :rolleyes:

You'll be fine, just check the pads with a torch, you'll see how low.

You'll be fine, just check the pads with a torch, you'll see how low.
Just been online to get a price to have the front discs and pads done and the rear pads and Audi Oldham which is the nearest to me want
wait for it £932.05 all in WOW they want £698.95 for the front discs and pads and £233.10 for the rear pads . My mind is blown :sign wow:

I'd do it but you're 4 hours away.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Just been online to get a price to have the front discs and pads done and the rear pads and Audi Oldham which is the nearest to me want
wait for it £932.05 all in WOW they want £698.95 for the front discs and pads and £233.10 for the rear pads . My mind is blown :sign wow:

Wtf….

276fe3988f58c1765249e9630807f503.png

Just got a price off Volksmaster in oldham £480 all in using pagid parts not sure if the parts are any good tho .

Just got a price off Volksmaster in oldham £480 all in using pagid parts not sure if the parts are any good tho .

Hmmm is that the place on oldham road ?

Pagid are absolutely fine. Used them many times on several cars. They are one of the many brands made by TMD Friction based in Yorkshire.

276fe3988f58c1765249e9630807f503.png

Just been to collect my front discs and 2 sets of pads from GSF car parts ended up going with brembo £278 in total with there 65% discount .
Getting them fitted this week for £180 not sure if that is a decent price for the labour but in total its a lot cheaper than Audi Oldham wanted .

So thank you @8YARWY for the recommendation its much appreciated :icon thumright:

Reactions: 8YARWY
I was quoted an obscene amount of money for disc and pads last year as well. Bad thing was no one had stock of any front pads, Audi or other brands. Ended up with just fitting a set of front pads to get the light off. From light/dash warning on I did over 1000miles and they still brakes well. When the old pads came off mechanic said they still had a good couple of thousands miles left.
wear indicator is a bit premature.

I was quoted an obscene amount of money for disc and pads last year as well. Bad thing was no one had stock of any front pads, Audi or other brands. Ended up with just fitting a set of front pads to get the light off. From light/dash warning on I did over 1000miles and they still brakes well. When the old pads came off mechanic said they still had a good couple of thousands miles left.
wear indicator is a bit premature.
Doesn't surprise me at all about the wear indicator being premature to be honest
My discs are definitely due they have a massive lip on them and are starting to score badly .
I can't moan really its a 19 plate on original brakes with 39k on the clock so I don't think they have faired to bad .

Reactions: AlS3BE
Doesn't surprise me at all about the wear indicator being premature to be honest
My discs are definitely due they have a massive lip on them and are starting to score badly .
I can't moan really its a 19 plate on original brakes with 39k on the clock so I don't think they have faired to bad .
Mine just a tad over 40k on second set of pads, factory and now brembo, I did find on the fronts the brembo pads were very very slightly smaller than factory on the pad face which I think didn’t help the lip developing. Problem last year was no one had any pads and Audi said 8 week lead time. Wanted the light off before mot so shoved the first set I could get my hands on.
will get a set of performance discs and pads on probably towards end of summer when I get some time.
let us know how you get on with the brembos.

Mine just a tad over 40k on second set of pads, factory and now brembo, I did find on the fronts the brembo pads were very very slightly smaller than factory on the pad face which I think didn’t help the lip developing. Problem last year was no one had any pads and Audi said 8 week lead time. Wanted the light off before mot so shoved the first set I could get my hands on.
will get a set of performance discs and pads on probably towards end of summer when I get some time.
let us know how you get on with the brembos.
Mine is still on the original pads all round from new probably a sign I haven't drove it hard enough :laughing:
I'am off to the states for ten days the day after I get them fitted so ill let you know what I think of the brembos when I get back .

Reactions: AlS3BE