Facelift Audi S3 - 2017 Gearbox failure

martin941

Reaction score
I've got an S3 - 2017 facelift, 50k miles and the gearbox has likely fully gone... looking like leaving me with a £3.5k - £10k repair bill ...

Anyone experienced anything similar? ... seems mad that a car that cost £30k+ new could suffer a failure like this.

I'm assuming theres nothing I can do in regards to going after Audi for producing a gearbox that can't get past 50k milage without catastrophic failure?

Challenge Audi directly as this is poor tbh, has it been modified at all?

Reactions: AlS3BE and martin941
There was a recall for gearbox pump failure. Huge thread on here so worth a read.

Reactions: JohnM100 and martin941
Depends what caused the failure and whether your gearbox was within the affected batch but the link is here:

Reactions: martin941
Depends what caused the failure and whether your gearbox was within the affected batch but the link is here:

Thank you, super useful!!!

I've got an S3 - 2017 facelift, 50k miles and the gearbox has likely fully gone... looking like leaving me with a £3.5k - £10k repair bill ...

Anyone experienced anything similar? ... seems mad that a car that cost £30k+ new could suffer a failure like this.

I'm assuming theres nothing I can do in regards to going after Audi for producing a gearbox that can't get past 50k milage without catastrophic failure?
Have you been abusing car ? :)