Xenon lights on with DRL setting

A10_HUY

Reaction score
So, I'm likely to be laughed at here, but I've checked and checked and had absolutely no luck in finding out what on this earth is wrong now.

I was on vcds looking through the coding, like I have on the many Audi's I have owned in the past. Turning on the options that can be enabled and just having a browse.

It looks like at some point in that process I've hit a button I either didn't mean to press or that has messed up the coding to the BCM because now my DRLs bring my dipped beam and taillights on too.

As a safety net I went back and set the module back up to the exact settings that came stock on my car, but no matter what I ****** try, it simply won't revert back to LEDs only for DRL!

If anyone has any ideas, or can share their long code with me, (UK spec) I would be really grateful as it's doing my head in now...

Now i assume when you mean stock you did an Autoscan b4 things went T*ts up . Just you can find this in your Ross-Tech folder on Computer where u can place that code bk in and try , as this would usually work ok and if not then someone's else might not work either , just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Truthfully normally I clone the codes but I forgot this time. I'm not one for cutting corners because it bites you, but this time I made the mistake and didn't have the back up

Can you write here your actual coding and the part number of the 09 module?

Truthfully normally I clone the codes but I forgot this time. I'm not one for cutting corners because it bites you, but this time I made the mistake and didn't have the back up
Have u ever done a bk up cause if u have it will still be in a folder on ur comp unless u have deleted them all .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

You can try resetting the Body Control Module (BCM) to its factory defaults. This can often be done using VCDS or similar diagnostic tools. Be aware that performing a BCM reset will also reset other settings, so take note of any personalized configurations beforehand.