Help Please  B8 rear halogen to B8.5 rear led lights help needed

Tosh26

Reaction score
Hi I’ve recently fitted the face lift lights and boot lid to my B8 A4. The problem I’m having is the section of the inner light that is the fog light is on when the rear lights are on, then go brighter when you press the brake? I think this is because originally on a B8 the inner fog lights are also the rear lights. Does anyone know if this can be coded out?

Apart from that everything else is working apart from the indicators flashing fast in the car but normal speed (I have coded channel 181 to 0 to so don’t get any bulb out errors on the dash?)

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it

Thanks everyone

fc563b8d14f71839c85af39ffff8af8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You always need to check the wiring between standard & led units, some require changes to be made aswell as coding.

I think the problem is on the original lights there are 3 bulbs for the rear lights. The outer has 1 light and is used for the brake light and the rear tail light. The inner light has 2 bulbs, both are used for the rear tail lights but the one closest to the bumber plate is also the fog light. i need that chanel to only light as a fog light and not the rear tail light.

I'm just not sure if this is possible?

By doing the coding i can find it has made the outer section and half of the inner section to work as it should

Thanks for all your help guys

Are the adaptors handed? I think I read that somewhere.

IE there is a left hand and right hand adapter.

I have managed to find a solution to this thanks for all your help

The coding i ended up using was:
The coding I used was:
181 - 0 (New coding to stop the bulp out error on the dash)
195 - 10753 (This was my original coding)
196 - 10785 (This was my original coding)
197 - 5125 ( New coding)
198 - 5157 (New coding)
203 - 73 (New Coding)
204 - 73 (New Coding)
205 - 13 (This was my original coding)
206 - 45 (This was my original coding)

The only thing I can't figure out is why the indicators flash quickly inside the car but all flash at the correct speed outside the car?

If anyone has an idea how i could code this out that would be great

Thanks again

I have managed to find a solution to this thanks for all your help

The coding i ended up using was:
The coding I used was:
181 - 0 (New coding to stop the bulp out error on the dash)
195 - 10753 (This was my original coding)
196 - 10785 (This was my original coding)
197 - 5125 ( New coding)
198 - 5157 (New coding)
203 - 73 (New Coding)
204 - 73 (New Coding)
205 - 13 (This was my original coding)
206 - 45 (This was my original coding)

The only thing I can't figure out is why the indicators flash quickly inside the car but all flash at the correct speed outside the car?

If anyone has an idea how i could code this out that would be great

Thanks again
I've completed the same retrofit on my avant, I also have a quick flashing indicator (just inside also). I couldn't find a solution. Maybe resistor.

Hello sir,

I am doing the same to my rear damaged a4 b8, I bought a boot lid of a salvage b8.5 (lights included), the boot lid is exactly the same as yours, I am wondering if it will fit.

my a4 b8 looks like this:

so to make it clear, I want to remove my damaged boot lid and replaced with one like yours.

Hi I’ve recently fitted the face lift lights and boot lid to my B8 A4. The problem I’m having is the section of the inner light that is the fog light is on when the rear lights are on, then go brighter when you press the brake? I think this is because originally on a B8 the inner fog lights are also the rear lights. Does anyone know if this can be coded out?

Apart from that everything else is working apart from the indicators flashing fast in the car but normal speed (I have coded channel 181 to 0 to so don’t get any bulb out errors on the dash?)

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it

Thanks everyone

fc563b8d14f71839c85af39ffff8af8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro