A3 8v TDI PFL Upgrade

Reaction score
Hello guys. I have an audi a3 8v 2014 sportback 2.0 tdi 150 ps and I want to "upgrade" it to around 250 ps .
I need your help with that .
I would like to achieve the performance with hardware upgrade rather than software. I know that with stage 1 ecu I can go to around 195 hp .
I ve heard that you can achieve increase of hp with turbo upgrade. But I don't know which one to choose for diesel and how much hp it will give etc . Maybe this sounds stupid but if someone could help I would appreciate it . Thank you.

I had my A3 2.0 Tdi 150 PS stage 1 mapped. Got 200 bhp and 380 nm torque. The tuning company advised that this was the most to expect from a diesel engine.

Basically just not as tuneable as a petrol engine. You could fit a decent filter / induction kit. Maybe a bigger turbo but overall you’ll be wasting your time and money.

The Stage 1 map on my A3 made a heck of a difference, pulled like a steam train and had plenty of top end. 3rd gear onwards was great.

I think it's possible. Someone who knows please tell me what exactly should I do to achieve 250 hp . Change the turbo? If yes which one I should install (please recommendations). Change the exhaust? Which to install? (Again recommendations) and which other parts in general.
Thank you very much .

You’re barking up the wrong tree with this !

Reactions: ChatYTB
At least a hybrid turbo. Setting you back 1200+ euro. Next is the tune. About 350 euro.
Then you surely will hit a brick wall at 230hp on injectors.
Upgrading injectors 1000euro..
Also you go above 200hp you need better flow so a 3inch exhaust, drop dpf and high flow intake is needed.
Next you get heatsoak. Needing extra fmic. S3 intercooler cant handle these amount of boost. You need a very good diesel intercooler capable of running 3+bar. This wil also get you on the limit on your water to air intercooler intake manifold.. And dont forget your clutch.. dsg you need at least dq381.. And torque wil be 700nm+
So keep dq381 as a spare. A true gti killer. With nice black smoke..300hp is doable.. but go to a very respectable tuner.. Maybe youll get lucky with parts.

1.6 tdi (110hp is capable of running 220hp pushing the limit.)

All doable.. but need finance to do it.

I think it's possible. Someone who knows please tell me what exactly should I do to achieve 250 hp . Change the turbo? If yes which one I should install (please recommendations). Change the exhaust? Which to install? (Again recommendations) and which other parts in general.
Thank you very much .
u need 184 bhp stock like I have u will never have even have 250 bhp but 230. I have stage 1 and from 184 bumped up to 230 ..
And your engine isn't type same like 184 engine as whole is same but 184 bhp version has bigger injectors and maybe bigger turbo ..
You can of course tune up car even up to maybe 280 bhp but you will have to replace everything with bigger, injector pipes , injectors , even bigger turbo similar to S3
you will have to remove DPF filter , you must remove EGR, you must install straight pipe exhaust.. without any mufflers or back boxes.. then you might reach high BHP but it will cost you another 5K haha