Newbie Audi Owner!!!

AndyRixon

Reaction score
Website
www.andyrixon.net
Heyyyyyyyyyyy
Sooo, I've recently bought an 2006 Audi A4 S Line Avant with over 217k on it with a few issues. While trying to fix these issues I of coursed used Google and kept coming back to these forums for help, and until yesterday I was okay when I needed a bit more help so registered and the help I have recieved has been outstanding and managed to find my problem and how to fix it.
In all honesty, I thought these kind of places had long died and most had moved to Facebook, at which point if you ask for help there you get laughed at..... BUT not this place, well done!

I'm not new to VAG group cars, I have owned many VW Golf MK4s and a MK7, and have been away from VAG for the worst part of 2 years (I say worst part because I had a Nissan, enough said) and have now got my self an Audi, although old it is brilliant motor!

Reactions: drgav2005, Rob Avant, Sandra and 1 other person
Welcome to ASN,we do tend to reply to posts on here.
FB groups are tosh imho

Reactions: Rob Avant, Sandra, AndyRixon and 2 others
Welcome to ASN,we do tend to reply to posts on here.
FB groups are tosh imho
Agreed. FB groups & pages seem to be full of trolls and just laugh at you if you need any help..... and most of them are full of spam nowadays anyway. So glad these kind of places are still going in a more social inept world.

Reactions: voorhees, Sandra and Charlie Farley
ASN , it is the best .:yahoo:
You may not get a reply within minutes but you will get one quite quickly and most times it will be the answer you want.
Welcome indeedy chap.:yes:

Reactions: Rob Avant, Sandra and AndyRixon
Heyyyyyyyyyyy
Sooo, I've recently bought an 2006 Audi A4 S Line Avant with over 217k on it with a few issues. While trying to fix these issues I of coursed used Google and kept coming back to these forums for help, and until yesterday I was okay when I needed a bit more help so registered and the help I have recieved has been outstanding and managed to find my problem and how to fix it.
In all honesty, I thought these kind of places had long died and most had moved to Facebook, at which point if you ask for help there you get laughed at..... BUT not this place, well done!

I'm not new to VAG group cars, I have owned many VW Golf MK4s and a MK7, and have been away from VAG for the worst part of 2 years (I say worst part because I had a Nissan, enough said) and have now got my self an Audi, although old it is brilliant motor!
Welcome to audi-sport.net Andy. Happy to hear your enjoying the forum.

I don’t use facebook, can’t stand social media in general. This place is where it’s at for anything Audi related. @Charlie Farley is the king of all things B7 related and usually has the magic answers!

Reactions: Sandra
Heyyyyyyyyyyy

Welcome

Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes, @Charlie Farley was the guy that helped me with my issue, what a god send he was.
Next thing to tackle on my motor now is a leaky caliper (or brake hose, but that's getting replaced too while I'm there) and I think I've got a well sorted car after that :)
@Rob Avant - Yeah, all there is on social media platforms are trolls and keyboard warriors with no intent on helping someone in need. It's more for bragging about the cars you've got rather than build a respectable community.

Reactions: Rob Avant, Charlie Farley and Sandra