S3 basic spec

monkeyhanger

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Looking to jump on a new in stock S3 from a few choices. There is a bare bones Ibis White standard spec available that skirts under the luxury VED rate that I'm interested in, but standard spec listing seems a bit hit and miss on the Audi website.

Does basic spec come with heated seats? Website says yes, but Confort and Sound pack states heated seats in it, which would imply you don't get it as standard.

Also, does standard spec come with front parking sensors or just rears?

That's the main things I'm bothered about. Would like ACC, but believe I can pay for it later as the hardware is already in place? Not interested in self parking cars etc.

Hi everyone. Looking to jump on a new in stock S3 from a few choices. There is a bare bones Ibis White standard spec available that skirts under the luxury VED rate that I'm interested in, but standard spec listing seems a bit hit and miss on the Audi website.

Does basic spec come with heated seats? Website says yes, but Confort and Sound pack states heated seats in it, which would imply you don't get it as standard.

Also, does standard spec come with front parking sensors or just rears?

That's the main things I'm bothered about. Would like ACC, but believe I can pay for it later as the hardware is already in place? Not interested in self parking cars etc.
I would of thought heated seats and just rear parking sensors are standard on the S3

Reactions: monkeyhanger
I’ve a pretty much standard S3 saloon with only option of 19 inch wheels delivered December 22. Rear parking sensors & heated seats were as standard with it.

Standard kit on an S3
1DD8F4B2 8F03 4448 B847 C9DF86A0519B

M
20D2F9E5 D84B 453A BB14 7C0B9B59BFB8

Not sure about ACC - I had cruise control but never had the option to upgrade under Functions on Demand only Traffic Sign Recognition

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the responses. Been away a few days chasing "in stock" S3s (some of which are built, but still in Emden).

Missed out on the White standard one with no luxury VED. Then missed out on a Turbo Blue one with comfort and sound pack. Finally, the Belfast Audi garage had 3 S3 sportbacks coming, all same spec, different colours.

I have gone for S3 Sportback, Daytona Grey with Comfort and Sound pack, Red calipers, 19" Trapezoid wheels.

Other colours available in same spec were Mythos Bkack and Nevarro Blue.

Built and sat in Emden, so anticipating 4-6 weeks for pickup.

The NI/Belfast situation is a real pain though. I have to go to Belfast to sign docs, come back (flying Newcastle to Belfast and back on Saturday), then go back to pick it up and drive home via ferry. They need to register it in my name and then make me wait until it shows on the DVLA electronic system (apparently it can take up to 2 weeks to appear on the UK DVLA electronic system from the manually input NI system, and they won't let me have it before off every ANPR camera on the way home will ping it as unregistered. Sounds odd, but in my business the NI protocol has lots of weird red tape when we send Pharma products from GB to NI.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the responses. Been away a few days chasing "in stock" S3s (some of which are built, but still in Emden).

Missed out on the White standard one with no luxury VED. Then missed out on a Turbo Blue one with comfort and sound pack. Finally, the Belfast Audi garage had 3 S3 sportbacks coming, all same spec, different colours.

I have gone for S3 Sportback, Daytona Grey with Comfort and Sound pack, Red calipers, 19" Trapezoid wheels.

Other colours available in same spec were Mythos Bkack and Nevarro Blue.

Built and sat in Emden, so anticipating 4-6 weeks for pickup.

The NI/Belfast situation is a real pain though. I have to go to Belfast to sign docs, come back (flying Newcastle to Belfast and back on Saturday), then go back to pick it up and drive home via ferry. They need to register it in my name and then make me wait until it shows on the DVLA electronic system (apparently it can take up to 2 weeks to appear on the UK DVLA electronic system from the manually input NI system, and they won't let me have it before off every ANPR camera on the way home will ping it as unregistered. Sounds odd, but in my business the NI protocol has lots of weird red tape when we send Pharma products from GB to NI.
Out of interest Will it have a Uk or ni registration?

Not sure about ACC - I had cruise control but never had the option to upgrade under Functions on Demand only Traffic Sign Recognition
I’m pretty sure unless you have specified ACC or have the MHEV/PHEV it won’t be eligible for FoD, as it utilises the specific radar required for distance control for recuperation.

Every A3 has a radar for the PreSense, however, it is a basic version in this case not capable of the distance regulation.

For example, when I specified my car if I got the 35 TDI instead of the 35 TFSI MHEV it did not have the FoD for ACC.

I’m pretty sure unless you have specified ACC or have the MHEV/PHEV it won’t be eligible for FoD, as it utilises the specific radar required for distance control for recuperation.

Every A3 has a radar for the PreSense, however, it is a basic version in this case not capable of the distance regulation.

For example, when I specified my car if I got the 35 TDI instead of the 35 TFSI MHEV it did not have the FoD for ACC.
Makes sense. I read somewhere that someone had done it, but needed to pay for it through the German Audi site as it wasn't available on UK FoD. Assumed from that post that very recent A3s had the ACC sensor. Where is the ACC sensor placed on an A3 for those tgat are fitted?

On the Born and MK7 Golf it is in the lower front grille, Golf MK7.5 and 8 it's behind the grille VW badge.

I think my S3 has the ACC without any driver aid options added. It has the switch on the cruise control stalk and shows in the FOD in the app
5B52F053 1AFA 4984 BBB0 258FF0EBD02A

Reactions: thomaslewis