A3 8p xenon headlights help

PewPewBrr

Reaction score
Hi! I have an a3 8p with xenons idk if bi or no but it also has adaptive/leveling(no cornering). The wires inside got all dryed and crumbly and what not that i ended up buying a new used pair(planing to rewire the old ones sooome day XD). The new pair came from an S3 i think 2010 still 8p. The ending of the old headlight is 8P0... R and the new ones( S3 with cornering) are 8P0... AE.
They are wired somewhat different, the new ones the leveling motor connects to the balast and the old ones connect straight to the headligh connector. Center pins (big one) on both connector are in same place only the small ones on the sides like 1 or 2 wires are in different places.

The question is how can wire the new ones or what to do to make them work the leveling and if possibly cornering. Also just changed the rain/light sensor because that was the first to fail and im tired of the defective headlights chime everytime i turn on the car. Thank you!!

Attachments

• Conector faro.jpeg
    Conector faro.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 59
  • conector auto.jpeg
    conector auto.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 47
Adaptive are cornering.

What exactly got crumbly as that 1st pic just shows pins that need a Dremel onto clean the pin ends.

Switching from standard bixenons to adaptives requires different levelling module & wiring changes & removal of some old wires.

It's not something I could go through on here as it takes allot of time.

Just check Erwin or elsawin for wiring diagrams.

Adaptive are cornering.

What exactly got crumbly as that 1st pic just shows pins that need a Dremel onto clean the pin ends.

Switching from standard bixenons to adaptives requires different levelling module & wiring changes & removal of some old wires.

It's not something I could go through on here as it takes allot of time.

Just check Erwin or elsawin for wiring diagrams.
The inside wires the insulation is falling appart and there wires are with blue copper oxide thats why i change them.

I just changed both leveling sensors on the wheels.

The car came with adaptive bixenon headlight but no cornering. Inside the headlights with cornering the leveling motor is wired directly to the balast and i guess the cornering motor too, on the old headlights the leveling motor is wired direcly to headlight conector not the balast.
I dont have elsa or erwin just vcds and google
Please, can you help me?:)

here are some pics

Attachments

• new.jpeg
    new.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 45
  • Old.jpeg
    Old.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 44
  • old1.jpeg
    old1.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 41
  • old2.jpeg
    old2.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 44
and yes, you are correct :). it only has auto leveling. Could it be as simple as just to wire the leveling motor straight to the conector to match the old ones?

Cornering i dont care since it didnt came with it but if i could make it available with minor adjustments it would be great but i dont know what it needs as you said it might need a different levelling module and some wiring.

I found this leveling and cornering package,not planing to buy it but to understand it. Could you explain me a little about it? Am i missing that control module and cables? I just want autoleveling to work

Attachments

• Ccornering light VAG-TEC E-shop.png
    Ccornering light VAG-TEC E-shop.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 40